Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hyperspin....thinking of getting

Hello everyone and Merry Xmas!

Just a quick question about Hyperspin.

Just want to know what have been peoples experiences with it, pros and cons.

As some of you may already know I have a two player upright with a trackball using XPadder as the control set up.

Your thought are most welcome because Im considering on buying one of these for $450.

gads

Hi there,

I have a laptop in mine with an external 500GB drive running of a caddie, installed hypersin to the drive, loaded game intros and of course the games.

When my arcade starts I have it boot to the drive so that hypersin loads. From there I can select any of the thousands of games I loaded. Hypersin is configurable to suit ya needs.

- Con

I use Hyperspin for a front end and think it's great. I've added themes and vid intros and art to mine for a couple years on and off.

Do you mean you are considering paying for it already set up and loaded with everything?

You can do it for free it just takes a little time.

HyperSpin is free, it may seem like the easy way to just buy one of the HDD, everyone i know that has purchased it has had more issues in the long run.

plus they dont work correctly out of the box.

it may take some time doing it yourself, but when something goes wrong you will know how to fix it if you have set it up.

When I first started setting mine up I just aimed for the games I was going to play. There's games I don't care to add because I will never play them. I find it fun adding a little bit every so often.

Let's say the one for purchase works, it takes time to add every thing you ideally want, but not $450 in my opinion. NOT, when you can do it yourself.

Edit to add, I mainly have MAME set up in it, but I have Daphne, SNES, NES, SEGA, ATARI2600. You may run into a snag here and there, but it can be easily figured out.

Hello everyone and Merry Xmas!

Just a quick question about Hyperspin.

Just want to know what have been peoples experiences with it, pros and cons.

As some of you may already know I have a two player upright with a trackball using XPadder as the control set up.

Your thought are most welcome because Im considering on buying one of these for $450.

gads

If buying a hdd setup with hyerspin etc setup? Then Hyperspin ....free, Roms.....free, videos and snaps ....free. HDD only cost involved. (Not worth $450)

However it won't necessarily work straight out of the box for you without tweaks.

It can be an exercise to setup from scratch but rewarding none the less and plenty of help here at AA with the steps needed.

Just my 2c worth

Yeah Im pretty sure that all of the games and emulators are already installed.

Its a 5Tb drive

Here is the link on ebay..... Id like to hear your thoughts on the price compared to what you get.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hyperspin-5TB-HDD-Arcade-system-Fully-Loaded-and-ready-to-PLAY-180-SYSTEMS-/152360535240?hash=item23796544c8:g:I0gAAOSw6n5XuUcP

Thanks again guys!

gads

5 tb, shit you wont play. It's your money and you asked. I wouldn't pay, but yeah, it's great and the best front end. but dont let someone take advantage of you

that includes the actual pc it runs on right? Hey man, do it yourself. All you have to do is download.

**** no don't.

Buy a pc, join hyperspinfe. download your media and games and emumovies and put it together.

I had a Hyperspin full setup running on my PC, it took agessss to get running and it was such a pain in the ass to get going. It looked awesome and flashy at the time but it wasn't worth the grey hairs it was giving me.

At the end of the day, its a program that lists your games, nothing else - after all the crazy videos and animations, I just needed something simple and worked. Hyperspin wasn't that.

I went with Launchbox recently and its light years better. Heaps of support from the developers, frequent updates and there isn't a million small utility programs (RocketLauncher etc) to get it going properly. Last time I checked, Hyperspin hasn't had a proper version upgrade in awhile, its just been the community doing incremental upgrades. If you're just doing MAME, mGalaxy is also well worth a look, its more suited to just MAME, but it supports multiple consoles, was super easy to set up.

TL;DR, if you got multiple consoles, try Launchbox, if you're doing just MAME, give mGalaxy a shot.

Edited by zerochad