Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What pins have been coming thru the Dedshed

Not mine. It's going back home soon.

However, my numbers have been cut down to 3 as we have more contributors.

I was taking my 5 LEs, but now undecided.

I have earmarked South Park to go as one.

Thinking of taking Transformers as it looks fkn great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Started stripping Whirlwind

Remove flippers, slings, inlanes, spinning disc, basically the lower half of the playfield.

Removed all the ramps.

0820bdbdfe11f38dbfad21886f90747c.jpg

c0fdf00e27e873a090505c7e78a042d5.jpg

5e0a324b226e3fcca3f431aa1b2e95d4.jpg

562f48a85e5396fabef28734ba3a669f.jpg

Edited by Dedrok
  • Like 1

Replaced the broken post screws and t-nuts

3c548b29eb11eb99d2ba2bcb9ef68471.jpg

Nice shiny clean posts and new rubber.

c961a861432c083765f676facfaa9413.jpg

c539071494fc2a4afa0c74d2fe15ab58.jpg

Plastics were filthy but cleaned up nice enough

09f4b331160e04b6edc6c33e28ecc7e5.jpg

36d8cbee5f07e232d3519db6cb1d5694.jpg

75f93c7d4f8d032c764595c6cde7d8cb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally made it out to the shed after returning from Brisbane.

3 weeks of sickness suuuckkss.

Anyway, thought I'd get a pic before STLE leaves the building.

Not much else was done.

Need to start back in on Whirlwind.

5a74b20b436be4cef3ae4e61ced8df2b.jpg

• Like 1

General storage.

Each bin is labeled.

For example

New pinball plastics

Old pinball parts

New pinball parts

Spare pinball boards

Arcade pcbs

Pinball manuals

Pinball Books

Etc

Some are full of records. (Albums)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Before I get back into finishing Whirlwind, am quickly putting back together a project X's and O's.

Most stuff is with it.

Started by cleaning the playfield some more, installing new posts and gi leds.

ea9f9cbdb4315de4e9b176a3ab0f9156.jpg

a181c2dbad4b9f41f2ff5c25e741647b.jpg

8aa209403e84931057c185f3eb9cb6e4.jpg

• Like 1

What pins have been coming thru the Dedshed

What's the story behind that one Edy?. PF seems to look OK, whats the BG like?:)

No story.

Just picked up 4 projects that I've had on ice for a few months.

BG is like new. Boards all look nice and displays have no burn.

c4997976775cd613980e3c54bf282c9c.jpg

8abc9ec730c9fc1c4a14b9794d4b8fcd.jpg

788fab5b8e2fc0d5cbcaad9c7d5f50c8.jpg

• Like 1

I love the pictures and the stories you do in this post and they are always interesting as is the variety of the machines you have come through the Dedshed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one for a passion to put a lot of love into the machines only to see them go "back out on there own".

I guess the big difference is yours mainly go into the home market where mine are usually back out on the street somewhere.:)

Last week I had a what I would regard a quick turnaround machine, A Bally World Cup '94 blowing the F104 fuse intermittently.

Interestingly it turned out to be a series of unfortunate events that resulted in the problem.

The 1st "unfortunate event"

The knocker coil had worn through the coil paper and the enamel off the winding wire, at the ground end of the winding, from rubbing against the coil bracket over the years since it was manufactured.

Since manufacture because the coil and bracket had never been touched.

The 2nd "unfortunate event"

While this would not normally be an issue being at the ground end of the winding, it would normally just put the solenoid power into the bracket and that would be it, this bracket was "unfortunately" mounted in the factory and was "just" touching the backbox ground plate so when the knocker coil was fired, the power would not only fire the coil but "occasionally" short on the coil frame to the backbox ground and blow the fuse.

The problem was the coil did not always come in contact with the coil bracket so sometimes the knocker would fire and there be no issues but every now and then it would come in contact with the bracket and blow the fuse.

Now we have a very rare intermittent problem. Not only does it require the knocker to go off which is pretty rare in itself but the fuse will only blow when the coil winding is touching the bracket that shouldn't be touching the backbox ground sheet.

I guess what added to the complexity of this problem was it was blowing a fuse used by many coils and the knocker being in the head meant it was one of the last I physically checked.

It was one of those problems that the machine itself was unable to help diagnose the problem.

Anyway, enough of my story. I was more encouraging you to continue on your excellent posts of the Dedshed.

I love the pictures and the stories you do in this post and they are always interesting as is the variety of the machines you have come through the Dedshed.

I'm glad I'm not the only one for a passion to put a lot of love into the machines only to see them go "back out on there own".

I guess the big difference is yours mainly go into the home market where mine are usually back out on the street somewhere.:)

Last week I had a what I would regard a quick turnaround machine, A Bally World Cup '94 blowing the F104 fuse intermittently.

Interestingly it turned out to be a series of unfortunate events that resulted in the problem.

The 1st "unfortunate event"

The knocker coil had worn through the coil paper and the enamel off the winding wire, at the ground end of the winding, from rubbing against the coil bracket over the years since it was manufactured.

Since manufacture because the coil and bracket had never been touched.

The 2nd "unfortunate event"

While this would not normally be an issue being at the ground end of the winding, it would normally just put the solenoid power into the bracket and that would be it, this bracket was "unfortunately" mounted in the factory and was "just" touching the backbox ground plate so when the knocker coil was fired, the power would not only fire the coil but "occasionally" short on the coil frame to the backbox ground and blow the fuse.

The problem was the coil did not always come in contact with the coil bracket so sometimes the knocker would fire and there be no issues but every now and then it would come in contact with the bracket and blow the fuse.

Now we have a very rare intermittent problem. Not only does it require the knocker to go off which is pretty rare in itself but the fuse will only blow when the coil winding is touching the bracket that shouldn't be touching the backbox ground sheet.

I guess what added to the complexity of this problem was it was blowing a fuse used by many coils and the knocker being in the head meant it was one of the last I physically checked.

It was one of those problems that the machine itself was unable to help diagnose the problem.

Anyway, enough of my story. I was more encouraging you to continue on your excellent posts of the Dedshed.

I normally don't post the stuff that I send back out to site, hence "coming thru".

But I suppose I did post about RCT and Manopoly that went back to site. And still kicking on strong.

Any how.

I found that the bumpers were all there except for the rings.

So luckily EBD came with this lot. So pinched what I needed from that.

• Like 1