Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star wars the next Stern Table?

Sbaird

This titles momentum has really picked up

Yeah we've just discovered the force mode on a Pro model.

- - - Updated - - -

No Sopranos pinball for you then...

I was hoping to hear F U Hashman in that dialog compilation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't add fuel Simon. My opinion has no weight

To clarify, because seemingly you didnt comprehend my initial comment, is that you believe your opinion is worth more than everyone elses, not that it has 'no' worth.

You also based your opinion of the LE on the Pro model, which only supports my statement.87edb0f1defa677ff8a7cf7f3e364713.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When in doubt.... premium all day.

There's only translites on LE anyway.

Wait, play, order a prem after 20 or so games if you still like it.

Problem solved.

Now where's that popcorn [emoji897].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im happy to hear some positive comments about star wars,thanks luke. the pro looks awsome to me to ,(i havent played it or seen it in the flesh) ive ordered a premium and nothing that anyone has said ,or what ive seen,makes me any less excited :-)

To clarify, because seemingly you didnt comprehend my initial comment, is that you believe your opinion is worth more than everyone elses, not that it has 'no' worth.

You also based your opinion of the LE on the Pro model, which only supports my statement.87edb0f1defa677ff8a7cf7f3e364713.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"I believe that my opinion is worth more than everyone else". WTF is that statement. !!

When have I ever said or thought that. You just assume that because it's different you yours

All I tried to do was state that I think the pro is awesome so people who have an LE on order shouldl be very happy. Then you came along...

Thanks to all who played it today and gave feedback. Still on the fence about owning one. Currently playing a LOTR I'm repairing and the Star Wars playfield looks so barren in comparison.

What locations will be first to site a Star Wars Pro? End of August?

Cheers!

Adam.

• Administrators
Where are the moderators? The ban hammer needs to dropped. This has gone out of control and the language should not be tolerated. There could be kids on these forums, this is a public arena.

Not sure where the other mods were, but I was out living my life when it appears I needed to be on AA watching grown men behave poorly. After all, it is apparently too much to expect otherwise sensible grown men to treat each others opinions with any respect whatsoever. Posts in this thread are an excellent example of why the "Report post" button lives on the tool bar on the last line of every post on AA.

Thread locked for 24 hours minimum in case anyone else gets a sudden rush of blood.

Dave

• Administrators
I'm guessing the only SW playable in Sydney right now is at AMD? (Heading there this Friday)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

AMD have had one for a while but could not put it out for display while they waited for a final copyright clearance.

Dave

I'm guessing the only SW playable in Sydney right now is at AMD? (Heading there this Friday)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Better call to check it will still be there - I think it's going somewhere up north this weekend.

Far out! I can't believe the amount of hate going on about this machine! Is this normal? I never usually read the new release threads mainly because I haven't been interested in buying them, I just wait and play them on site or at a mates place. Some of the comments I have read say things like "the artwork is too blue for star wars" wtf?? How non blue is star wars anyway? Another comment "it looks like a piece of sw merchandise " wtf? What was he expecting to see on it? Cylons? Smurfs? Another comment "oh I never liked sw as a kid and I don't like it now, I won't be buying one" my suggestion to that guy is don't buy one or even play one on location, it's that easy bro, but I guess you just had to get on board the hate train. I really think some of the boys need to play outside in the fresh air for a while and get their parents to read them 'Green eggs and ham' at bedtime.

FRANKIE SAY RELAX

Yeah Ive got a premium ordered. Its my first nib so its kind of a big deal. I liked the premium because it has all the bad guys on it.

Good boy.

Premium is the way to go.

[emoji106][emoji3]

Still one coming to hideaway Edy :) ... for at least 2 weeks.

I heard.

This old bloke standing next to me just told me.

New all time record.

SOLD , and bought again before released.

Played SW again and look, the game is fast and flows nicely. As I said on my podcast, when pinball flows and is fast, that is fun. BUT...just having the ball move nicely does not make up for the fact that this game is FREAKING STAR WARS!!! And when you step back and look at this machine and look down at the playfield, ask yourself, is the world of SW down there. The world with amazing characters, vehicles, scenes, moments, etc? Nope. It's GOT all over again. Not as bad, but just as barren in terms of bringing the universe physically to life on the PF.

Just think of all the iconic Star Wars scenes that could have physically been brought to life with creative mechs, toys, bash items, upper playfields, lower playfields, etc...stuff like.

1. Emperors Chamber upper playfield

2. Freezing Han in Carbonite lower playfield

3. Luke vs Vader physical toys clashing lightsabers that would light up and make sounds

4. Death Star approach that pops up to final shot ala Dr Who mech

5. Ewok village as pop bumpers

6. Obi Wan force training using magnets

7. Yoda area where you lift the X-wing from the degobah swamp

I mean I could go on and on and on with scenes...You look down and there's nothing. A jurassic park egg Death Star, a tie fighter on a spring, a screen and a hyperdrive. That's it kids. No magnets. No freaking FORCE GRABS!!!! WTF????

So yeah, welcome to Star Wars. It's GOT meets LCD screens. This is not the Star Wars game anyone wanted. This does not feel like a 2-year-in-the-making labor of love.

And don't get me started on the confusing nature of Dwight's coding. Combining scenes? WTF? That made sense in GOT because houses would combine in the show and form alliances, but combining scenes in SW? WTF? Makes no sense. The entire use of LCD is all over the place. Stern has zero grasp on how to implement the LCD tech right now. Only Aerosmith does it right. Less is more.

Star Wars is going go down as a great PINBALL SHOOTER to appease the tournament guys and small penis guys that need to put up billions of points, but it will never be a classic and never excite the majority of pinball players that wanted a magical SW pin...one that brought their favorite movie to life under glass. Never gonna happen. Mark my words, once people see what's next from Stern, SW LE's will be selling used for 7K in a year. How much are GOT LE's selling for now? Same will happen to SW. All the code, LCD images, video clips and multiballs can not save the lack of imagination on the physical playfield. Wake up guys. Expect more from pinball.

Edited by Kaneda