Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rotordave at IFPA Pin-Masters

David Peck is through to the last 8 at the IFPA Pin-Masters in Dallas! This is a PAPA Circuit event.

Live streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/batcitypinballclub.

Live scores at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ulkp0aSlKn6UaPTcr22zUh9s_kTsNn6_urK8lIDSXyk/edit#gid=275202493

Go RD!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave's semi final opponents are world #11 Jim Belsito, world #14 Trent Augenstein, and current US National champion Eric Stone.

- - - Updated - - -

He's picked up a birdie in the first of three semi-final holes. Top 2 players in the group will advance to the final 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Scores after game 1 of 3:

Eric -2

Dave -1

Trent EVEN

Jim +2

Whirlwind sucks.

Lol

That game was the toughest of all the games. The inserts were raised, the discs were raised, it was about 8 degrees ...

Did you see when I smashed the top ramp for the 1 million points and it only went half way up? Grrrr.

By the time I got to Road Kings, I knew I was out of it. I just had to beat a 7 to get into 7th place.

At the end of the day, I guess you gotta be happy with 7th .. although those big trophies were looking pretty sweet!

Thanks for the support guys!!

Dave.

• Administrators
Whirlwind sucks.

Lol

That game was the toughest of all the games. The inserts were raised, the discs were raised, it was about 8 degrees ...

Did you see when I smashed the top ramp for the 1 million points and it only went half way up? Grrrr.

By the time I got to Road Kings, I knew I was out of it. I just had to beat a 7 to get into 7th place.

At the end of the day, I guess you gotta be happy with 7th .. although those big trophies were looking pretty sweet!

Thanks for the support guys!!

Dave.

Awe man, you were so close the being "Australia's own Rotor Dave". Never mind, bloody good result all the same. :)

Dave

Yeah, I reckon if I got top 4, I would have been claimed.

Pavlova

Crowded house

Split Enz

Dragon

Russell Crowe (when he makes a good movie)

Phar Lap

Kiwi (or any good race horse)

Keith Urban

Etc

Etc

Etc

Etc

:lol

rd

I sure did. You nailed that shot, and it still didn't go. It looked like a few of the machines had pretty serious issues, like flipper hop, raised inserts, or not being level.

That Eric Stone is an absolute gun, and his self-commentary was hugely entertaining. He earned a spot in the IFPA Worlds for winning the US Nationals, right? Do you know if he's coming to Copenhagen?

Massive congrats for coming 7th in such a strong field.

Thanks Luke. :)

Yes, a couple of the machines were a bit rough, mainly the Whirlwind.

I thought most of them weren't set up much tougher than how I have my machines at home, except no ball save and no extra balls of course.

The tilts were very tight on Aerosmith, Flintstones and CSI in particular. Aerosmith, a decent flipper push would give you a warning.

The Sharpes always set up all the machines like this ... you're about to find out up in Denmark. :)

I heard Eric talking to Josh, he is keen to come to Denmark if he can. His "self commentary" is quite amusing.

rd

All three of your semi final games were streamed.

Cool. The Flintstones game was pretty good. That's the way I'd been playing all weekend.

Whirlwind was the only game giving me grief. I had got 8 and 8 in the rounds, the only game that I was over par on I'm pretty sure.

In the top 16, I got a 6 on it, which was better. But up to 7 again in the top 8.

The only way I could advance after that was to get a 1 on RK like Belsito did. Me and him both had 10 points going into that (he had 6+4, I had 3+7)

If I had got a 1 we would have had to have a tie breaker for 2nd.

rd