Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I/O board + Power for playing Naomi in a Blast City

namstephan

Question

All the Capcom I/O boards I have found so far are going for $180 USD or above after shipping.

So I'm trying to come up with a more economic solution, would it work the same way if I use a Sega 600-7143-003 loom (provide power and receive stereo sound input):

IMG_20170224_000456.jpg

plus a Sega I/O board (convert USB control input)?

s_l1600.jpg

Video will output directly from Naomi to the monitor.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I always thought the Blasts were jvs compatible? Don't they have a jvs board built in, or am I thinking of a different cab?

That setup should work just be mindful of the power. Does the blast output 3.3v?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a spare Sega I/O which is the equivalent of the Capcom board. It provides power, controls, video and video.

http://www.hklegend.com.hk/images/photos/22/10-b.jpg?13

The video output is faulty in that the image it produces is too dark, other than that it works great. Might be useful to you as you can connect video directly to your Blast.

Would sell for a reasonable price or trade for anything arcade/console related.

I always thought the Blasts were jvs compatible? Don't they have a jvs board built in, or am I thinking of a different cab?

That setup should work just be mindful of the power. Does the blast output 3.3v?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a spare Sega I/O which is the equivalent of the Capcom board. It provides power, controls, video and video.

http://www.hklegend.com.hk/images/photos/22/10-b.jpg?13

The video output is faulty in that the image it produces is too dark, other than that it works great. Might be useful to you as you can connect video directly to your Blast.

Would sell for a reasonable price or trade for anything arcade/console related.

Thanks Frank! The Blast does output 3.3v.

I'm currently trying to get a deal from someone who's selling both the jvs harness and sega I/O together. If that falls through you'd be the first I contact ;P

cheers