Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

system 1 gottlieb

Hi ,seeing if anyone can help me out. I have a system 1 gottlieb and I can't seem to get the high score to date to come up on the display. I have fitted a new battery holder and battery's,have checked that I am getting the right voltage to the CPU board. If anyone has had this problem or know what I can check that would be great.

with your game OFF check dip switch 21, this should be ON for it to show, it sounds like it's in the off position.

if it is in the ON position the dip switch bank may need replacing, trying moving it up and down a few times.

Hi yes it is a genuine board. One other thing i have the right voltage from the battery to the memory IC,could the IC be faulty?

Possible, once you have eliminated the obvious areas, what's left is the I.C's. If one of the Spider rom chips is bad, you'll have zero chance replacing so be careful probing around.

• 2 weeks later...

The 5101 RAM chip stores the high score & audits data. (4th chip from the top left of the PCB)

With the machine off, check that there is voltage present between pin 22 & pin 8.

If there's no reading between those pins, you either have bad traces, or a dodgy IC socket (If installed).