Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Death By Pinball At Netherworld

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plan is to fly up on Saturday morning at 6am from Newcastle, then fly back at 9am on Sunday. Wont need to book accomodation :)

Ticket price is $100. No changes. Credit card via eventbrite.com.au or you can give me cold hard cash at any event in the next 5 weeks. Refunds are a normal part of an event if someone pulls out.

I couldn't find the event on eventbrite @Jimmi Nails Do you have a link for it?

Haven't put it up yet mate

Will do probably next week. Will post here as soon as I do it

My plan is to fly up on Saturday morning at 6am from Newcastle, then fly back at 9am on Sunday. Wont need to book accomodation :)

Ticket price is $100. No changes. Credit card via eventbrite.com.au or you can give me cold hard cash at any event in the next 5 weeks. Refunds are a normal part of an event if someone pulls out.

Hey Jimmy, I'm still unclear why I I'm being asked to pay $100.00 for a pinball tournament. I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount, as this is a longer than average tournament. I have a pinball shirts, so would prefer the option of buying a shirt, wouldn't know what to do with a pin, so don't really want it. I'm happy to byo as far as meals go. I could eat out of cans on the day if I have to. It kind of seems we are being asked to pay for these other things, with a pinball comp thrown in as an extra bonus.

For $100.00 I can attend four tournaments in Ipswich (five if I don't pay for pizza); five tournaments (or more) at Gold Coast, Brisbane Club, Flip Frenzy, Tweed comp, SBC. At Cooly Classic I can pay $100.00 for four comps over three days. Even Brisbane Masters and ACS costs less than $100.00, and would play approx same time as Death by Pinball.

I really like the idea of 18 hours of continuous pinball - just to test if I could actually do it, but not entirely comfortable with spending $100 on one tournament.

Cheers . .

Edited by Warren
adding more thoughts to original post

Hey Jimmy, I'm still unclear why I I'm being asked to pay $100.00 for a pinball tournament. I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount, as this is a longer than average tournament. I have a pinball shirts, so would prefer the option of buying a shirt, wouldn't know what to do with a pin, so don't really want it. I'm happy to byo as far as meals go. I could eat out of cans on the day if I have to. It kind of seems we are being asked to pay for these other things, with a pinball comp thrown in as an extra bonus.

For $100.00 I can attend four tournaments in Ipswich (five if I don't pay for pizza); five tournaments (or more) at Gold Coast, Brisbane Club, Flip Frenzy, Tweed comp, SBC. At Cooly Classic I can pay $100.00 for four comps over three days. Even Brisbane Masters and ACS costs less than $100.00, and would play approx same time as Death by Pinball.

I really like the idea of 18 hours of continuous pinball - just to test if I could actually do it, but not entirely comfortable with spending $100 on one tournament.

Cheers . .

If you don't like the cost the answer is simple. Don't go.

I don't play Ipswich because I consider it too long but that's not changing so I don't play. Also I don't play comps if I don't like the format.

You don't have to play them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers . .

Think about it this way. Jimmi is running a business. He is organising a competition that hasn't been run before. He is shutting down the business so that only the people in the pinball comp are going to be in the venue. He will need to pay staff to cook the food. He will need to organise logistics of getting shirts/pins made. He will need a tech who can fix the pins after 18 hours of continuous play...

If you put $2 in per play as you would normally do, I think you will find that after 18 hours you would be getting close to playing 50 games including the practice time. Plus the benefit of all the extras Jimmi is putting in.

Organising pinball competitions is hard work. Im just happy there are a bunch of hardworking people out there who are willing to go to the effort to make them happen.

As @rusty_dagger said - if you don't want to pay then you can stay at home eating food out of a can.

Think about it this way. Jimmi is running a business.

Exactly. It's a Netherworld event that happens to be IFPA approved. But before anything else, that's a Netherworld event.

PS: it's $1 per play at NW ;-)

Run your own comp and then see how much you want to charge people

Don't forget prize money and trophies

Also fun

$100 for a days fun is good value

The hookers down the street only give you 10 minutes for that 🤡

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

In think Warren knows this is going to be an awesome event and is disappointed he might have to miss out.

Try telling the wife there is a comp in so we can't go on holidays. Now that's a lot harder than ponying up $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't like the cost the answer is simple. Don't go.

You don't have to play them all.

Exactly that.

We are fortunate to have an awesome venue hosting awesome events, full stop.

Ps. I can't stand the smell of cat food.

...I really like the idea of 18 hours of continuous pinball - just to test if I could actually do it, but not entirely comfortable with spending $100 on one tournament. . .

Tell you what, Warren. I'll pay your $100 entry fee, and later in the year you can reciprocate me with some accommodation when I attend some Ipswich events.

I'll cook too... But nothing out of a can. Food from a can is exactly the same as beer from a can... Shit.

You hear that, Jimmi... No can of mystery shenanigans!

676441.jpg.d0615e5699994df821e9bcbea7480a40.jpg

Cheers,

G

im tempted by this fly up and back without sleeping idea, HARDCORE!! LOL

Any idea that amount of players that are going to show for this? If everyone burns out at say 10pm does this mean that the comp is over?? Is this effectively a last man standing event?

Tell you what, Warren. I'll pay your $100 entry fee, and later in the year you can reciprocate me with some accommodation when I attend some Ipswich events.

G

Thanks for the offer, but it won't be necessary to pay for my entry. I'll pay for my entry. @G I'm happy for you to stay a day or few, if you have comps in Ipswich. A few bucks would be fine. I'm sure we can arrange something next time we meet.

@Jimmi Nails , I will give you some money for the comp next time I see you. I plan on being there for the Brisbane Comp on Tuesday night.

Regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea that amount of players that are going to show for this?

That's a good question. @Jimmi Nails Are you going to publish a list of players who have paid to attend the Death by Pinball comp?

Morning mates

Tickets for this event will go on sale vie eventbrite.com.au this Monday the 27th at 10am.

Will post some more details about what the cost includes before then. There is no limit to the tickets. If people keep buying them, we will keep shipping in extra machines to cater for the numbers.

DEATH BY PINBALL!!!!!! T-shirt and pin design are looking fantastic