Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Metallica Pro Issue

Jfed

Question

I have a Metallica pro and I have having a couple of small niggling issues. I have to be honest and say I am nowhere near and electronics expert and apart from adding a shaker and a few other small easy mods I would struggle pulling apart a machine or doing anything that involves soldering. Maybe I shouldn't own pinballs but I cant help myself its just too much fun!!

The main issue I am having is that occasionally and it seems to be slowly becoming more frequent when the ball drains in between the flippers the machine does not register the ball has drained. The game starts looking for the ball and all I can do is wait and eventually it will end the ball and go to the next ball. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this, I presume its some sort of sensor that is wigging out and if thats the case would it be an easy fix?

The other small issue is that sometimes the volume down does not work on the inside of the coin door, if I wiggle the cable that runs down from the buttons into the cabinet then it works. It is not a big problem but I am worried one day it will just stop working and although I wont mind Metallica blasting out loud I fear the Mrs would take to my beloved Metallica pinball with an axe.

Its most likely fixing both these things is beyond my capabilities so another question is would anyone know if there is a mobile pinball guy in Brisbane that would be able to come on site to do the fix for me because I really do not want to be moving it in and out the house and transporting it somewhere for repairs.

Thanks to those who take the time to read this!!

10 answers to this question

Both loose connectors

1 Ball through trough

2 Speaker connector top pcb inside back box

Remove and re-seat a couple of times

do not spray wd40 or anything like that

Thank you very much! I will give that a go tonight.

Balls are magnetised. Buy new balls and install. Throw old balls in bin. Happened on my xmen after a few years

Seriously?. I have never heard of a pinball becoming magnetized. Not saying it couldn't happen, hell it's a Stern.

These guys think of new things all the time.

All jokes aside, any chance this ball in trough issue couldn't simply be a trough switch out of adjustment?.

As for the volume and the fact you can wiggle the wires inside the door and it effects it would indicate to me the switch is faulty or a bad solder joint on the switch.

Stern, Bally and Williams all seem to search the globe looking for the poorest quality switches for these units on the door.

They fail very regularly.

Seriously?. I have never heard of a pinball becoming magnetized. Not saying it couldn't happen, hell it's a Stern

Any game with a magnet it can happen on. I assuming on my Woz til happen soon enough. But yes balls become magnetised from the use of you guessed it magnets all the time so they stick to the other balls and then the trough so they don't move down the line and register the switch

Yep. Regularly get magnetized balls on bally williams machines such as Theatre of Magic. Games like Addams with physical switches in the trough just dont show the symptoms due to the different trough design.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

An update would be nice?

Sorry for the late update, I have been flat out! I checked the wires in the trough and and re seated them. Has definitely fixed the problem! Appreciate the help with this!

You guys rock!!