Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nathan's TZ restoration

So I should really update this thread.

So two coats of 2k clear and then sanded it flat.

1607521240_1stcoats.thumb.jpg.716dd25ee4b418ffe28bbb8f05735e9d.jpg

There are a couple of low spots , but my final coat will fix that.

2k clear comes out like glass , but I want my playfield perfectly flat , no wobbles , so a final 800 , 1200, 1500 and 2000 wet and dry and then a buff.

polished.thumb.jpg.55e27fea7716a166cb881d46c10d41e3.jpg

and a close up..

1721695669_polishedcloseup.thumb.jpg.0527ce0db1400a7b1174d60fbbfc2981.jpg

So next up is to re-populate the underneath of my playfield . This took me ages , about a day and a half, the longest of the three rebuilds I have done (other two Gottlieb Stargate and DE Simpsons).

1124589826_underpopulated.thumb.jpg.54b9d796aa7aca465d92d9be888685e8.jpg

Then the top

1194500063_toppartpopulated.jpg.e2932240201b557e4b44247d3be5d684.jpg

And finally everything..

populated.thumb.jpg.10f4bd2098016e4df4a673efcfd37258.jpg

So then began the testing. Everything worked before the rebuild , but I had replaced the memory chip with the dmd+nvram chip , so always the chance I killed the CPU board. I Also decided to add the pin sound board in before my first test..

so as always .. always worried if I would kill everything..

But , after a double check of all my connections the pinnie came alive.

- - - Updated - - -

So even thought the TZ came alive I had issues when I started the game, right flipper was stuck , powered on .. Worked out I had the two coil wires around the wrong way.. Also replaced the two 4004 diodes and cleaned the right flipper tronic board. Now the flipper works but as soon as I go into diagnostics , it stays stuck on. Plus I had a few other sensor errors , the ball proximity sensor, one of the gumball sensors and a ramp sensor...

So I tested the game. Yep no powerball detection.. But everything else seems to work..

Finally found out that the blue sensor on the proximity board had a broken leg.. I did get it working again but scraping away some of the resin around the broken leg , dropped a blob of solder and pushing back together... retested and so far after a week of testing works perfectly..

I still have a few sensor errors and the right flipper still sticks on , only in diags.

• 3 weeks later...
One more question. Where did you get your rotisserie? I need one that doesn't require bolting to a bench. Yours looks to fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Sorry missed your question.. made the rotisserie myself... made from aluminum fence posts ,angle bracets rivets ... so on..still not 100% completed.. was too busy doing TZ..

Sent from my SM-T700 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

oh I also added the lamp post and spiral collect

Looks great! The E = mc2 cover looks great too! :)

Twilight Zone would have to be one of the visually busiest games in history. I can't think of another game that has so much "stuff" all over the place! Any other candidates?

Michi.

• 4 months later...