Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jamma Test Rig

salsicha

Question

Hi All,

I want to build a small Jamma test rig with a lcd screen from scratch to learn about arcade wiring to help me with future repairs of my machines.

I have a general idea of what I need and what to do, but it would be handy to follow an idiots guide which lists the parts/components you need with step by step instructions for the wiring it all up.

I am consulting professor google for this, but if any one has such a guide on hand or any advice they are willing to share it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers..

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to find rgb crt monitor here in WA. I've done a bit of research and I might go down the path of rgb to vga into an old computer crt monitor...

I recommend an RGB CRT for your monitor. The LCDs don't like to sync well with anything that's not close to the standard. If you can get it to sync with an old Mortal Kombat boardset then you're lucky. They are also very picky on sync signal levels too.