Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help with part number

Hi guys,

Requiring some help to identify a part number to assist with ordering. The part is the bracket which holds several lamps in place above and below the score reels.

In this case I require :

6 x 2 lampholder brackets

4 x 4 lampholder bracket

2 x 5 lampholder brackets

For the pictured games

585d8f2f547beb4978aa36db9d706a82.jpg56c0778d49f6dcdf9693a295d965feda.jpg9781a0780000f5f111903b540604f06e.jpg

And also 1 x 6 lampholder bracket for the balls played game over display cardbfe328c16bf1ba8abb232e74de68a55a.jpg

Any help identifying these part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah you dont need to replace those you need to learn how to fix them.. do what @Fire_Power said

The actual lampholder sockets are f@cked and the issue is they are mounted into the bracket. Will somehow need to pull out old sockets and replace them on the bracket can be done put would be much easier if a replacement part was available.

The old clean the socket trick and replace the globe will not work on these sockets.

the metal needs to be clean and hot.. its not a easy solder job and this isnt a job for a 25w iron, but it can be done.

i do it for all em repairs i do. some of them didnt even know the lights were supposed to work. makes a nice difference

I do the same, take them out on the bench, clean them up, heat them up and solder. It's the best way. Going to be difficult and almost impossible to source a new ones, second hand maybe on Mr Pinball classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Well I have removed the lampholder brackets from the backbox and cut off 1 set to replace.

Hopefully @wiredoug is at the cursed meet as I would like to bring them along and have a quick chat regarding soldering them in place.

42ad726b12c4684659a6ce0737c915ed.jpg

As you can see in this photo the lampholder is attached to the bracket.

73b2685746bcd59b3df1a1cea9fbef31.jpg

As you can see in this photo lampholder removed and 2 holes left in the bracket.

Hoping wiredoug can shed some light on positioning the new lampholder and which type he recommends using.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105325[/ATTACH]

note you will need to use a file or dremel to make the metal all scratched / shiny before you can solder it..

you also need to clean inside the socket

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105327[/ATTACH]

the actual places dont matter much, join the cylinders to the plate, join the tabs to the ends.

when the cylinders wont turn any more, the inside is nice and clean and the tab is connected to ( or replaced by a connection to) the end of the socket it will work

the actual places dont matter much, join the cylinders to the plate, join the tabs to the ends.

when the cylinders wont turn any more, the inside is nice and clean and the tab is connected to ( or replaced by a connection to) the end of the socket it will work

I'm continuously blown away by how people help each other here. Bloody great forum this is!

Michi.

Sometimes a small gas butane torch as sold at Supa Cheap are a better way to get the metal up to temp for soldering. The heat while hotter is more direct. Using a electric solder iron will take longer and also put heat in the metal a lot longer. The gas blower will heat the solder point to solder temperature in about 5 seconds and be soldered before the heat has traveled right through the whole assembly. Sometimes more heat for less time than low heat for longer is better. The insulator is Bakelite and will handle the heat.

If it is the wire solder tab that has come loose and not the cylinder, a pin punch locked in the vice, put the bulb socket over the pin punch and a gentle knock on back of the rivet will fix that.

Seeing though I had removed the lampholders on one bracket I thought I would share my alternative solve for this problem;

6269ac34cc155b5fa4bdf1e57de5308a.jpg

Firstly drill out the existing holes to 10 ml and do a little bit of filing so the lamps slide straight in.

ed1a85ac7a310d667731d690e934bb17.jpg

62c19382074f5386b0cb673bd83524bf.jpg

Then snip off the attaching bracket on the lampholder as above.

936eda1f444df805e64e132777339dfa.jpg

Now a dob of solder to secure the lampholder

c52293d5af256771ded169302909da6a.jpg

Now lampholder bracket is ready to go back in.

54d16733e7885a4d4acbff2762e4e96d.jpg

All done now working perfectly, this is a good option if your lampholders are really screwed and need replacement as these ones did. @wiredoug fix is perfect if you don't want to replace the lampholders.

I have several others to do and will use wiredoug method for the majority of them.

A big thank you to all who inputted into my thread.

• 3 weeks later...