Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams flat pack cabinet for getaway

Hi all just picked up a getaway dirt cheap but needs a full resto playfield great but cabinet stuffed instead of spending hours trying to fix the cabinet i would like to just buy a flat pack any links or help would be great thanks

Thanks

Didnt either Mr Pinball or Pinball Spare Parts Australia have full repo getaway cabinets in stock? Or it could be I drink too much rum and imaging these things :D

El Timbo was making them, but a quick search is bringing up dead links

EDIT

yes, El Timbo did make them and will again, but he is not making them at the moment

Edited by Pop Bumper Pete

Didnt either Mr Pinball or Pinball Spare Parts Australia have full repo getaway cabinets in stock? Or it could be I drink too much rum and imaging these things :D

Wayne had Getaway cabinets that was about about two years ago .. email them

buy some plywood and build one myself can't be to hard

It isn't rocket science but I can assure you it is a lot trickier than you might imagine.

I definitely would repair the original rather than attempt to build a new one.

Williams flat pack cabinet for getaway

I remember seeing them advertised by Wayne at mr pinball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't rocket science but I can assure you it is a lot trickier than you might imagine.

Indeed it is not rocket science ! It's Carpentry !!!!!! but yes, it is indeed tricky ! Tricky Carpentry !

Thanks for the input all just going to try fix if it ends up to hard ill just buy some plywood and build one myself can't be to hard thanks again

If that works out well I would like a couple of Gottlieb EM cabinets. Would love to just drop the guts into a new cabinet.

I myself have been thinking about building anew cabinet or 2 as they are probably better off being replaced rather than fixed due to the condition and age (45 years old).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think flatpak cabinets would be something that would ideally be made in China actually and why stop there. Why not offer a complete flatpak pinball and drop the price accordingly. Stern did flatpaks with some original Dracula machines that were assembled here.

It is the way the furniture companies have gone so there is merit in the idea.

Plenty of people on this forum alone that would have no issues assembling a machine in this fashion and I would imagine assembly costs would make up a fair percentage of the finished product costs but I may be wrong.

Your in a better position to know that than me.

I think flatpak cabinets would be something that would ideally be made in China actually and why stop there. Why not offer a complete flatpak pinball and drop the price accordingly. Stern did flatpaks with some original Dracula machines that were assembled here.

It is the way the furniture companies have gone so there is merit in the idea.

Plenty of people on this forum alone that would have no issues assembling a machine in this fashion and I would imagine assembly costs would make up a fair percentage of the finished product costs but I may be wrong.

Your in a better position to know that than me.

I looked at this right from the inception of my idea to create a pinball machine. (if you look several years back in some threads you will find much chatter about the concept).

I haven't dismissed the idea at all BUT there are certainly many stumbling blocks and hurdles in supplying/selling a kit pinball - more than I ever imagined.

Maybe a better "flatpak" approach might be breaking the machine up into several "paks" the customer can buy at different times so rather than one initial high cost purchase, he could buy at his discretion and as finances allow.

Something like a "cabinet pak"- Just the wood work that makes up the cabinet.

An "electrics pak"- all the wiring harnesses.

A "coil pak"- all the coils required for the particular machine.

A "boards pak" - all the electronic boards required to make up the machine.

A "steel pak"- the legs, lockdown molding etc.

Breaking a purchase of a pinball like this "may" work well. It allows people to build up a new machine over time on there time line.

It allows people to buy a pak with the required parts that may never actually be used on a Thunder Birds or one of your many pinball titles to follow but as parts required for another machine providing your parts are generic of coarse.

Producing paks would allow for people to basically "pay off" a pinball over a couple of installments but not in the true scene of installments.

Also once the customer has bought a pak or two and the machine is partially complete, the lure to complete is always there whenever they see that incomplete brand new machine.

Not for one minute am I saying how you should run your operation Homepin. I admire your operation exactly as it is. I'm just throwing out ideas that may make your operation more successful.

P.S. Homepin......I know pak is spelt pack.;)