Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A couple of great Vpin resources not so well known

Jed

Question

I think some of you already know about this but for those who don't:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/forum/tavoli-db2s-e-media/

seems the VP dev Tom Tower runs his own website where they are developing vpx versions exclusive to the site (SHREK for example) amongst others, great resource!

Site is in Italian but you can change to english.

Here's a drool-worthy early graphic of Indiana Jones WIP build (yes, that's a graphic!.. wow....)

IJ_193.thumb.jpg.d366ea799b4ac246ead151b5fbfd27bb.jpg

VPX Taxi soon to drop on VPF.

Still really hanging out for a vpx STTNG !

Also - for those of you who use social media, this dude runs a page with a summary of all new releases from all sites, Beta releases (like BOP - which is awesome!!) , and WIP's which is very handy and saves going to all sites to check.

https://www.facebook.com/DutchVPC/

Edited by Jed

15 answers to this question

Thanks Jed. Tom & Ninuzzu's work is top quality. Their mod version of Theatre of Magic has some amazing effects.

Not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but another good site with some unique content is http://vpinball.com/forums/.

The pics for the Gilligans Island WIP you could swear were of the real brand new machine. VPX versions of Red & Teds Roadshow, Whirlwind and No Good Gofers are some recent quality releases.

Thanks Jed. Tom & Ninuzzu's work is top quality. Their mod version of Theatre of Magic has some amazing effects.

was just playing it earlier, so nice ! that was one table i was really waiting for a decent version of, LoTR is another....

there are a few Tom Tower mods available at VPF in the past, but i'm not sure there will be any more appear there, seems to be shenanigans going on at vpf again.

Not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but another good site with some unique content is http://vpinball.com/forums/.

The pics for the Gilligans Island WIP you could swear were of the real brand new machine. VPX versions of Red & Teds Roadshow, Whirlwind and No Good Gofers are some recent quality releases.

Some of the tables from mb site are throwing dofflipper errors (red and ted for eg) I'm using 10.2 beta and have the 10.2 scripts. The dof menu in 10.2 is set to use sound effects not dof, so I'm struggling too see how to fix it, any ideas?

Sorry, I don't use DOF. Works, feels and sounds awesome with the puck transducers as feedback though.

I don't either, that is the problem. By default when I downloaded the tables, without touching any code, I got these Dofflipper errors.

Did you also get the latest VPinMAME? Wouldn't have thought that was the problem but ya never know. Speeds up some games so doesn't hurt to use.

I'm using the latest VPX, Beta rev 2798. Have been some script changes in the last few weeks too, so make sure your script directory is updated.

That's all I got, so hope it works. Worked for me without touching anything.

Where are you loading the new scripts? Some people put them in with the tables, others in /Scripts folder.

I don't understand why some of our systems work differently, but I have all of the MB tables running fine with 10.2 scripts in the scripts folder only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't either, that is the problem. By default when I downloaded the tables, without touching any code, I got these Dofflipper errors.

Your controller.vbs file needs to be updated. Get the latest here:

https://mega.nz/#!9w0T1baY!GxqmWKinstEVKFTI6fgdplCPJPLQhkZcrlsGHxhH2G4

You need it for the latest Star Trek LE table too.

It's the only way it works for them. Weird hey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the same thing when I was "cleaning house" a while back - I moved all VBS files out of the Tbales DIR and across to the Scripts DIR then started getting errors in a few tables. On moving the affected files back into the Tables DIR the issue went away!

I found the same thing when I was "cleaning house" a while back - I moved all VBS files out of the Tbales DIR and across to the Scripts DIR then started getting errors in a few tables. On moving the affected files back into the Tables DIR the issue went away!

Was this with VPX or older versions? Some older tables (eg. VP9) sometimes called up specific scripts from within the Tables directory. Not aware of any of the newer tables that do it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you OBK, everything is shipshape now :)

Good news. The light show on Star Trek LE is heaps better than on the Pro. Fun game. Visual pinball tables are getting closer and closer to the real thing lately.

Was this with VPX or older versions? Some older tables (eg. VP9) sometimes called up specific scripts from within the Tables directory. Not aware of any of the newer tables that do it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Good news. The light show on Star Trek LE is heaps better than on the Pro. Fun game. Visual pinball tables are getting closer and closer to the real thing lately.

For sure, just a shame you can't use b2s with that new star trek table.

the new vp10 version of theatre of magic is just amazing.