Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AFMr Claytons Announcement...

Ouch! Bit of a mark up. I was hoping $10-10.5k here for the classic based off US Price.

Stern GB Premium is RRP of $7,699 in the US and we get that here for $10,650. AFM Classic $6499 US and we pay $11,500??

Dialed In standard is $7,999 same as AFM LE and DI standard is $12,990 here?

Wow! Talk about a huge mark up on a game that would have sold quite a few. I'm out

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's the fact that MM had no issues selling at 12 and 13k.

So afm would probably not have the same issue either if it wasn't for the price drop in the US!

If Wayne wanted to change things up he could probably steel a lot of dollars from people that where thinking about ordering the MANY pinballs available this year. Alien, star wars, Aerosmith, etc etc. But now you just gotta really want an afm to get one!

But I have no idea what the mark up is and what the best selling strategy is, I'm just guessing.

This was an auto-buy at Stern premium price. Now I'll just have to be happy with the Aerosmith I just got, then Alien soon, then Star Wars. Oh dear, no room for a machine I've already owned once and played to death anyway.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

If you bought the MMr from me previously knock off 500 bucks, righteo Wayno thanks for making me feel special ya pecker head !

- Con

My point exactly ....why not make it $500 off for everyone to encourage sales off stern ( plus that $500 discount would put it to a where the price should be)

This was an auto-buy at Stern premium price. Now I'll just have to be happy with the Aerosmith I just got, then Alien soon, then Star Wars. Oh dear, no room for a machine I've already owned once and played to death anyway.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Ohhh starwars. No ones got goss on that? Would love another original trilogy one but it will probably be one of the new films.

If the price had started with a 10 I would've been ok. But at 11.5 + colour + shipping I am going to think serioUSly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more, I guess we just have to vote with our feet.

:run::run:

35 of 50 LE's already sold based on Mr Pinballs Facebook post

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

LEs are almost always sold out. Ever notice apartment sales posters? Always around 80 percent sold out. It's called 'fear of missing out' and it's a great sales tactic.

Ohhh starwars. No ones got goss on that? Would love another original trilogy one but it will probably be one of the new films.

You're in luck mutha ****er!!

It's based off the original trilogy, Steve Richie game. And will be announced in about a month and a half

If you bought the MMr from me previously knock off 500 bucks, righteo Wayno thanks for making me feel special ya pecker head !

- Con

As Wayne price gouged me an extra $2K on the last available MMr-LE I wonder if he is going to offer me $2.5K off an AFMr ? nahhhh he will just charge as much as he thinks the market will accept and we need to accept that he is not in this business to be our mate, he's in it to make money. I would like to think I would do it differently, but then I don't run a business and that's probably a good thing.

As others said I was liking the US pricing, but I'm disappointed at our pricing, that and the fact that I have already paid too much in the past and I would also not be all that happy to be giving PPS more money after getting on the wrong side of his attitude, plus there is the issue of the non existent customer service from CGC which doesn't fill me with confidence. Apparently others have had a better experience though with all those things / people.

All that said I'm still looking at this AMFr release.....but will be staying strong and not handing over $12k for a special.......unless the unlikely happens and I get the redundancy package I have been hoping to get for a couple of years now. If that happens then I will probably weaken and treat myself ;) but everyone else should still not buy one out of principle on the pricing :)

What are people's thoughts on AMFr next to MMr in a small line up? I'm thinking they might be too similar in the shot map and gameplay, I need to look at that further and then still not buy one :)

I reckon lots of people are out mate.

- Con

Damn straight !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeap I'm getting one

F*&K your weird dude ! You just sold a original AFM and now you want to buy this shit box remake of a 20yr old title ? WTF Ribbo ?

..we need to accept that he is not in this business to be our mate, he's in it to make money. I would like to think I would do it differently, but then I don't run a business

i dont really care about this thread.. i just wanted to quote this because its such a great explanation..... Someone finally understands :)

• Administrators

So why are these complaints about alleged price gouging not directed to the manufacturer? Write up a proper mathematical model of the US price compared to the AU price, point out any disparity based on the comparisons and see what happens when a group of potential buyers sign their name to it. You may not get anywhere at all, but formal correspondence is likely to be read by the manufacturer whilst it is almost certain that they have absolutely no ide that this thread even exists.

I have no idea how many of the guys posting here were actually intending to buy before the unfavourable pricing was released, but if you all make a complaint you never know what it will get you.