Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cleaning my Pin

LOTR.thumb.jpg.03db24d783df11faa2d3d44d93f0bac6.jpgI know this has probably been asked a thousand times but here goes anyway.....

I have a machine that was sitting for a few years and used as a workplace machine for the staff to play.

It had very little maintenance done to it and don't think it was ever cleaned, Its a LOTR machine.......so I don't think it had ever been opened since new to be cleaned.

The playfield has no damage or wear but is extremely dirty and looks like the dirt is ground into the playfield.

What would your suggestions be for a product to remove the dirt and grim?

I have "googled" it but that just confused me more....

And I really want to avoid stripping the entire playfield at this stage.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

With that much dirt i would be spraying Nifti on a rag and cleaning it with that first. Nifti available from Coles. Then i use shellite on a clean rag followed by Novus 2 as a polish. With that much dirt i think you will have to remove quite a few parts off the playfield. Plus you would need to replace the rubbers anyway as they will have years of dirt in them or be starting to perish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the advice, appreciate it

It's really dirty. No point doing half a job. Try removing one or two plastics at a time if you don't feel confident about stripping the entire playfield in one go. Clean that area then put them back and move onto the next area. Take some picture to help you remember where things go. You will be surprised how much you can do. Slow and steady.

It's well known here I sniff Mr Sheen. But if it doesn't shift it try something stronger as others have suggested.

• 2 months later...

Trawled through and found this info about cleaning pins. This is why I enjoy this forum, so much good info if you dig a little.

Both my machines cleaned up nicely and I was surprised how much dirt came off when they didn't even look that dirty.

Added bonus - they're both playing so fast now it's improving my skills! Playing like different machines!