Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Pin Night - Roadshow

Just got back from a 3hr round trip drive to pick up a Roadshow. It came on to Gumtree and I sent the guy a text. Asking a few questions he replied so I rang. He told me someone else was going to buy it sight unseen so I thought why not I like a gamble and the price is low enough I will do the same.

After me assuring him I wasn't going to muck him around he said no worries it's sold to you.

So off I went not know exactly what was waiting for me. Arrived and he had it turned on so that was a good start.

It's a bit rough around the edges but seems to play. Has some issues that need sorting but once I drill the back box lock hopefully the will be easy fixes.

I got talking to him and he said he could have sold it 6 times over. I wonder if the guy is Canberra will be disappointed after seeing these pics? He tried hard offering $500 more than I paid but the seller told all who tried it was sold to me.

I have heard what a great game it is from so many people so I am looking forward to getting it fully working.

3ebde39a3fd5371ee8145e1dc355ad17.jpg

3619c24d1d900817e489f9813e634e8b.jpg

77db7ca51768a05684f9ec44832dbaf0.jpg3a45920dd712cc377d49c46648c43ac8.jpg87c4bae2de8e209a4f8b0f156c3f12ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pick-up, congratulations! Looks like @Savage could help with the playfield. The burned connectors are just a minor cold. A little bit of Robitussin will see that right as rain in no time :)

Michi.

The wires have actually melted off the connector and it is stuck to the board.

Lucky I have plenty of spares.

dc03752e5debd13dd813e44a09558ddb.jpg

Nice pick up

Apart from a little wood showing it won't affect game play

Sort those burnt connectors out

Hopefully you don't have bad acid damage to that cpu board

It will be up & running in know time

Bling it out with some good Led's ,let the good times roll

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

priced accordingly as its got some work. Options are to get it fully up to scratch.

New DMD

Boards to be repaired by KEN

Does the shaker motor work?

Check the eddy sensor boards.

Game is really good, some people have issues with the red and ted optos. Lots of stuff packed into the pinball and a challenging game. Good to see it got picked up and will be played. Ive got one on loan here and it is a very underated game. Great humour and cool original theme. Good to see a AA member picked it up. Excellent job picking it up and some good luck in the days of cut throat pinball.

priced accordingly as its got some work. Options are to get it fully up to scratch.

New DMD

Boards to be repaired by KEN

Does the shaker motor work?

Check the eddy sensor boards.

Game is really good, some people have issues with the red and ted optos. Lots of stuff packed into the pinball and a challenging game. Good to see it got picked up and will be played. Ive got one on loan here and it is a very underated game. Great humour and cool original theme. Good to see a AA member picked it up. Excellent job picking it up and some good luck in the days of cut throat pinball.

It is missing the shaker. I have never played the game so didn't know it had one. I can see where it was (or was supposed to be) but there doesn't seem to be any wiring for it.

It is missing the shaker. I have never played the game so didn't know it had one. I can see where it was (or was supposed to be) but there doesn't seem to be any wiring for it.

Looking inside my roadshow the shaker motor is placed on the bottom left of the cabinet. 7b99a1d9bab2cdb5d907166c01e8903c.jpg

Hope you get it working.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

New Pin Night - Roadshow

Repinned board and did connector this morning and no smoke but only have half GI and no back box.

Looks like this is going to take a little longer than hoped but that's what happens most times when you buy cheap pins.