Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 10 ~ Qix ~ [FINISHED]

Nasty sparx ...

MGL 30 - Game 10 ~ Qix

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QixMGL21Settings1aFinal_zps9ea394a7.png http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QixMGL21Settings1bFinal_zps7d60fbef.png

Nominated by gamers: fok999, Fire_Power and bigredbird

ROM: qix (set 1)

Game Story:

Draw boxes to claim as much screen as possible without getting in the path of the "Qix" and "Sparx". Draw slower for more points. A very unusual game!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 22 Jan 2017, 7pm AEST Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. The above are the default internal settings for this title and need not be changed. You can press the F1 key to check. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No cheats allowed.

GAME 10 … the "shocking" last game of MGL30 …

:035::035::035::035::035::035::035::035::035::035:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QixFinal_zpsr8kzrpan.png

Congratulations to terencew for winning Game 10 …

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/QixMGL30Winner_zpsnnxwnoyj.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Upon seeing this game I thought "why would anyone nominate this?"

I was very surprised to see I was one of those that nominated it.

I'm sorry everyone. I must have had some sort of aneurism. I can't remember why I would have nominated this game. I don't even like it that much.

Anyway... Game on.

I used to like this game until I saw how the masters play it - and boy is it paintful to watch someone who knows how to really score high on this one. It's right up there with watching someone point press DK to within an inch of it's life :D

I used to like this game until I saw how the masters play it - and boy is it paintful to watch someone who knows how to really score high on this one. It's right up there with watching someone point press DK to within an inch of it's life :D

Hey now don't be jealous because you can't do it [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH]

smileyvault-stirthepot.gif.6deeb33ac518fb4447bb9894af280574.gif

Hey now don't be jealous because you can't do it [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]103735[/ATTACH]

All going to plan, by around 12:10pm on Saturday, I'll be known as the guy with the highest DK score on a publicly available DK machine in Australia. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :P If I point press (humping Kongs leg) it won't be for points, but just to make my money last that tiny bit longer.

0002.png.01be745f9551d3d2a58e47e175030de0.png

Haha ... I could not remember that I had named this game!

But I do not have the qix (set 1) in my list, I only have the 2 ... I'll look for it ...

Edit; sorry... i have the parent rom qix (rev 2), is that the right one?

Edited by fok999

But I do not have the qix (set 1) in my list, I only have the 2 ... I'll look for it ...

Edit; sorry... i have the parent rom qix (rev 2), is that the right one?

I can't find where they changed it, but in 106, the parent set is "set 1", in 175 it's "rev 2"...it appears they use the same roms, so it must've been renamed at some point.

I'm going to play this one on the ArcadeSD.

This really is a great game and one of my earliest that I used to play at the local bowling alley before we had an arcade in town. Other games in the bowling alley were Jungle Hunt, Phoenix, Missile Command, Space Invaders and Asteroids so you can get some of the context of when this game was around and what it was competing against for your coin.

I've always loved the sounds on this game and I've always found it extremely frustrating but enjoyable.

I've never watched an "expert" play but I would imagine high scoring involves some tedious "little" increments of filling the screen. I'm not sure as I tend to try to cut the screen in half. Not a hint but just my way of enjoying the game.

So is it pronounced Kix or Quix?

Funny to see this as for some reason I thought game 9 was the last one!

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Just want to assure everyone that my dips are correct.

My post shows 19 credits (my kids do that!) when the required dips ( listed by @OOO ) show maximum credits as 10.

My dips are in fact set at maximum of 10 so I'm not sure why it allows the extra credits.

All other dips are also correct.

If it's Mame I think you need to exit and then re-enter the game to get the changed dips to take?

Thanks but that didn't change anything. They have always been set at 10 (I haven't changed them) so exiting and restarting doesn't seem to make any difference.

I guess it doesn't matter, that won't change the gameplay and all dips are set correctly.

Better have a few more games to get rid of those credits!

All going to plan, by around 12:10pm on Saturday, I'll be known as the guy with the highest DK score on a publicly available DK machine in Australia. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :P If I point press (humping Kongs leg) it won't be for points, but just to make my money last that tiny bit longer.

Brisbane, perhaps :)

Bartonica