Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PSA: Masters is closing down, big discounts, they carried 15W Fluro tubes

Lord-Data

Question

Just happened to be browsing at my local Masters due to the discounts currently on, and found they carry 15W Fluro tubes. 30% off, makes them $3 each.

I know some of you have moved onto LED strips and other Chinese imports, but personally I love a proper fluro setup. Picked up every tube they had (8) so I've got a little stock now. Thought it would be worth mentioning, if anyone else wanted to stock up on cheap tubes. I also grabbed some starters, but they didn't seem to be discounted. Shame they don't sell ballasts separately!

8 answers to this question

I needed 15watt Blacklight Blue flouro tubes & got Bunnings special orders to get them in. The electrical wholesalers Middys & L&H were not interested.

Interestingly there was black light tubes there, but I didn't check what size or price. I just noticed that they were there, and wondered how often they actually sold them, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly there was black light tubes there, but I didn't check what size or price. I just noticed that they were there, and wondered how often they actually sold them, lol.

They usallly sell the white blacklight tubes for those electronic fly zappers the big ones.

Just happened to be browsing at my local Masters due to the discounts currently on, and found they carry 15W Fluro tubes. 30% off, makes them $3 each.

I know some of you have moved onto LED strips and other Chinese imports, but personally I love a proper fluro setup. Picked up every tube they had (8) so I've got a little stock now. Thought it would be worth mentioning, if anyone else wanted to stock up on cheap tubes. I also grabbed some starters, but they didn't seem to be discounted. Shame they don't sell ballasts separately!

I hope theyre a good brand for that price, i used to buy them by the carton of 25 tubes for about $30 for Osram.

Were they the correct cool daylight 865 colour or the more redish 840 colour?

I hope theyre a good brand for that price, i used to buy them by the carton of 25 tubes for about $30 for Osram.

Were they the correct cool daylight 865 colour or the more redish 840 colour?

Haven't actually powered one on, but they are Philips Cool White, so I'd say they're likely ok. Still not a bad deal if you didn't want 25 :)

Haven't actually powered one on, but they are Philips Cool White, so I'd say they're likely ok. Still not a bad deal if you didn't want 25 :)

Cool white is 840, or 4,000 Kelvin.

Philips are good when you get the Belgian made ones, but the domestic grade ones are pretty ordinary. Then again thats the same with all of them, the only ones i was prepared to pay more for was NEC and Hitachi. The 75,000 hour versions of both were worth every bit of the $4 a tube i was paying for the 10, 14, and 15 watt T9 tubes, they would FAR outlast a domestic grade T8. The 37watt Japan made Hitachi T9 tubes were even better, i used those for 6 years and never had a single one fail, even in underground car parks. $7.20 per tube. Mad if you dont! :)