Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

IFPA Australian Championship Series Final, 9-12 February 2017, Thornbury VIC

The race for the 2016-17 ACS is over! The standings can be viewed here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/custom_view.php?id=152

These standings are now final, as is the list of competitors.

12 players advised that they won't be attending. We had to go down to #44 in the standings to fill the 32 tournament places.

Here's the tournament info (reposted from the format discussion thread):

The 2016-17 Australian Championship Series Final will be held at the Thornbury Bowls Club, 27 Ballantyne St, Thornbury VIC 3071.

It's a short walk to High St cafes, the St Georges Motor Inn, route 11 and 86 trams, and Thornbury station on the South Morang train line.

The following tournaments are confirmed:

Thursday 9 February, 7pm-11pm: Flip Frenzy tournament. All welcome. $20 entry.

Friday 10 February, 6:30pm-midnight: Strikes tournament. All welcome. $15 entry.

Saturday 11 February, 10am-10pm; Sunday 12 February, 10am-6pm: Australian Championship Series. Restricted to 32 players, based on 2016 ACS standings. $60 entry.

Payment can be made via either direct deposit or PayPal. Ensure to include your name as a comment/reference so that we can track your payment. Please pay in advance for all of the tournaments you plan to attend: I expect both the Thursday and Friday night events to reach capacity.

For direct deposits:

Acc. Name: Daniel John Robar

BSB: 032-069

Acc #: 473064

For PayPal:

Pay to danieljrobar@gmail.com (please add a $5 payment processing fee if using PayPal)

We're also planning to run a split-flipper tournament on the Saturday night. I had also mentioned the possibility of holding a pump-and-dump comp on Friday and Saturday, but this is looking increasingly unfeasible.

The Flip Frenzy on the Thursday will use the popular loser-stays-on-until-they've-lost-two-in-a-row format. It will run for 3.5 hours.

The Strikes tournament on Friday will consist of 4-player matches. Players who finish 3rd and 4th in a match will get a strike. Players will be eliminated after receiving 2 strikes.

The ACS Final itself will follow the rules published here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/acs/rules/ (Sorry about the wall of text there, I'll try to get the formatting fixed.)

Click here for the Updated Attendance List including who has paid.

Edited by Fair Dinkum Dan
Added link to updated attendance list

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So when will the next people in line be contacted as it's only a month away and flights and accomodation will need to be sorted for those interstate.

As people drop out those next inline will be contacted. But I'm guessing LCM has his hands a little full ATM with the Comp submissions. Give it time

Payment details have been added to the original post, and I'll include them here, too:

Payment can be made via either direct deposit or PayPal. Ensure to include your name as a comment/reference so that we can track your payment. Please pay in advance for all of the tournaments you plan to attend, to lock in your spot: I expect both the Thursday and Friday night events to reach capacity.

Entry fees:

Thursday Flip Frenzy - $20

Friday Strikes - $15

Sat/Sun ACS - $60

For direct deposits:

Acc. Name: Daniel John Robar

BSB: 032-069

Acc #: 473064

For PayPal:

Pay to danieljrobar@gmail.com (please add a $5 payment processing fee if using PayPal)

But I think that only eliminates or lessens the fee to the receiver (Gift doesn't offer protection either) I think they still get hit by asking for an extra $5 will cover their fee's. I always think it's better to just ask a final paying fee inclusive of any price you may encounter and not additional and factor that in when offering several payment methods. One price regardless of payment method covers all. What you make off one you balance with the loss or cost of another. Either way it's still cheap entertainment and good night for all.