Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2017 Brisbane Pinball Club

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Super Moderator

Well there you go, I thought Hugh had taken the win,

Congrats Peter, Jas and Hugh - great job, :041:

Certainly a different experience playing at Netherworld compared to GreenSlopes, more in your face with the noise and people everywhere. I enjoyed myself (Yummy beer/sss :cheers:), Cheers

P.S The walk back to the car certainly was more entertaining than the stroll across the bowling greens

Keen to come to the next meet in March. Will be my first BPC event (not my cherry popper event - going to flip frenzy this weekend while the wife is at work) so if anyone wants to introduce me as their (virtual) friend for the 'bring a friend' promotion, let me know and I'll shout you a beer. Easier to meet new people that way rather than wandering around trying to spark up random conversation. Otherwise happy to pay the $10 and try the random conversation route.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

A big thank you goes to everyone who came along to the 1st Brisbane Pinball Club meet for 2017 last Tuesday evening. I am very pleased to say that we had a total of 45 players in attendance, which is a new BPC record!! We really hope that everyone, new players in particular, really enjoyed themselves at our new surroundings at Netherworld last week.

Before I post final results, I would like to acknowledge the help and support of a number of people involved with making BPC meet #1 a huge success. Firstly, to the venue - Netherworld - and to Jimmy Nails & Ben - you guys helped promote the event to the rest of the general public, which really helped us get to the numbers that we had. Truly fantastic, and I can't talk highly enough of what you have done so far. Thanks heaps guys!

Secondly, to those that have provided their machines for us to play at Netherworld - Hugh, Grant, Dylan, David, Netherworld themselves, and the owner of the Twilight Zone machine (name escapes me right now). Top machines in great nick. Without machines, there's no pinball meet. Thanks heaps to all of you too :)

Thanks again goes to Chris, Jimmy and David for helping out with scoring and verification throughout the evening. It certainly made the night run quite smoothly. Your help was very much appreciated by all in attendance.

Lastly, to the players. It was so great to see so many new players come along for their first BPC meet. Welcome to Andrew B, Mark R, Tony Woods, Thibaut Allender, Mitch W, Dan Young, David C, Jason Millhouse, Rob McIntyre, Tyson H, Ned P, Clem P, Sally S & Ryan C. Thank you to all for attending and we hope you will join us again for our future meets.

Final Top 8 results were as follows:

1. Peter Watt (Trophy + $70)

2. Jason Lambert (Trophy + $50)

3. Hugh Dickson (Trophy + $45)

4. Jared Morgan (Trophy + $40)

5. Chris Jennings ($20)

6. Grant Quinn ($20)

7. Michi Henning ($20)

8. Matt Usher ($20)

Random draws for Entry fee back:

#31 - Dirk Booy (I have your $15 Dirk)

#45 - Ryan Cretan

Full results can be found here: https://matchplay.events/live/wjj7

We will always be using the Matchplay software for each event. You can log in to Matchplay and check out the live scores as they are entered at every BPC event.

All players will now receive their world IFPA pinball ranking once the results have been uploaded to the site. Check out the Australia IFPA rankings here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/country.php

Your allocated IFPA from the February meet will be found here (please allow another day or so before results appear): https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=17075#

Our next meet will take place on Tuesday 21st March. Don't forget that you can start qualifying anytime from 4pm until around 8.30pm. The first 8 machines chosen will be used in the next comp, and will be open for selection the day before (Monday 20th).

Till then, happy pinballing!!

- - - Updated - - -

The 2016 Brisbane Pinball Club shirts are now available, but I need to be able to go and pick them up from the supplier at Strathpine. Once I can get a hold of them, those of you who are entitled to a free shirt for attending 5 or more monthly BPC meets last year will be able to get their shirt.

I still have a number of older Brisbane Pinball Club shirts in Black or Navy available for a discounted price of $10 per shirt. Available in all sizes from Medium to XL, and possibly 3XL.

There will also be a number of the newer Black or Orange shirts available for sale once the order arrives (just have to go and pick them up!). These will be $25 each, and they will also be available in Medium to 3XL (may have some spare Small shirts left too).

Finally, there are a small handful of the 2016 Brisbane Masters shirts left as well. A couple of XL & 2XL in the Black or White shirt. These have been discounted to $10 each as well.

If you would like any of these shirts, please let me know and I will put one or more aside for you for when I see you next.

Cheers,

Lambo

Edited by Lambo

• 3 weeks later...

We are on again folks!* Brisbane Pinball Club returns to Netherworld again this Tuesday, 21st March.

Here's the details you need:

Date:* Tuesday 21st March

Time:* Qualify from 4pm-8.30pm (ish).* Late arrivals are welcome until around 7.15ish

Cost:* $15 per player

Format:* 8 games of qualifying.* Top 8 players on points gained will advance to best-of-3 game matches.

Please note that there will be NO PRACTICE*GAMES on any of the competition machines after 4pm.* You are always welcome to head in before then to practice if you wish.

The 8 games will be chosen by the players - keep an eye out for the machine selection email/PM/post on Monday!

The first 8 machines selected will be the machines to be used during the tournament.* (Players can only choose once)

Do you have any mates or family interested in coming along to play pinball?

Don't forget about our Bring-a-friend promotion, where you and your friend get to play pinball for free!* Conditions apply - please email or call for enquiries.

Also, for those that have qualified, I will have your 2016 Brisbane Pinball Club shirts with me this month.

I will also have a few spare shirts with me as well, in black or orange.* New players (or those that missed out on one) can buy these shirts for $25 each.

Thanks to everyone for so far for their support of the Brisbane Pinball Club.* 45 players last month - can we go a little better again this month and possibly make a new record once again and aim for 50??* Hope to see you all there this Tuesday night!

Cheers,

Lambo

Howdy folks,

It's nearly that time again.* We meet at Netherworld again tomorrow night for the next Brisbane Pinball Club event.

It is now up to you to decide which machines we will be playing....

Players can choose one machine each - once we have our 8 choices, they will be locked in and I will let everyone know.

* Aerosmith

* Metallica Pro

* Firepower

* Tron

* Whirlwind

* Magic Castle

* The Shadow

* Funhouse

* The Addams Family

* Flash Gordon

* Ghostbusters Pro

* The Twilight Zone

* Batman '66 LE

* Batman: The Dark Knight

Please note that all machines will be checked tomorrow before the comp begins at 4pm.* If a machine is deemed unplayable for the comp, it will be replaced by the*9th chosen machine.

Looking forward to seeing you all again tomorrow night!

Cheers,

Lambo

It was a long night at Netherworld on Tuesday night, where the final finished just after midnight! Some great finals matches were had that certainly went down to the wire.

Thank you to those that helped out through the night - Chris, David, Aaron & Kirsty. Your assistance was again much appreciated. A huge thank you must also go to Netherworld, especially to Jimmy, Ben and Tyson, and to all of the machine owners.

Highlight of the night though was that we had a total of 51 players in attendance this evening, which has smashed our club record once again.

Final top 8 placings were as follows:

1st - Peter Watt

2nd - Grant Quinn

3rd - Corey Hamilton

4th - Jason Lambert

5th - Chris Jennings

6th - Russell Dagger

7th - Thibaut Allender

8th - Pete Moffitt

Full qualifying results and final placings for 9th-51st can be found here: https://matchplay.events/live/j8rr

IFPA results & points from Tuesdays meet can be found here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=17076#

There were also a record 5 random draws done, due to the record numbers. The winners were as follows:

$15 entry - Travis Bishop

$15 entry - Gavin Drogemuller

Cooly Classic free entry - Oliver Dickson

Cooly Classic free entry - Ross Pattison

Ladies $15 entry - Kylee Black

Thank you to all for coming out again tonight and for supporting the Brisbane Pinball club. It was great to see so many of you tonight, especially seeing some so.many new faces once again.

The next BPC meet will take place on Tuesday 18th April. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Cheers,

Lambo

• 3 weeks later...

Here we are, the next meet is upon us!

Brisbane Pinball Club returns to Netherworld again this Tuesday, 18th April.

If you manage to survive this weekend's Death By Pinball and Houseball meets, you're always welcome to join us next Tuesday!

Date: Tuesday 18th April

Time: Qualify from 4pm-8.30pm (ish). Late arrivals are welcome until around 7.15ish

Cost: $15 per player

Format: 8 games of qualifying. Top 8 players on points gained will advance to best-of-3 game matches.

Please note that there will be NO PRACTICE GAMES on any of the competition machines after 4pm. You are always welcome to head in before then to practice if you wish.

Also, all games will be played with their current setup (ball saves on, extra balls on). For the top 8 finals, extra balls will be turned OFF. Considering banning @Dicky from choosing Whirlwind in finals games too :D

The 8 games will be chosen by the players - keep an eye out for the machine selection email/text/PM/post on Monday!

The first 8 machines selected will be the machines to be used during the tournament. (Players can only choose once, unless that machine has already been selected)

Do you have any mates or family interested in coming along to play pinball?

Don't forget about our Bring-a-friend promotion, where you and your friend get to play pinball for free! Conditions apply - please email or call for enquiries.

I still have a few spare shirts with me as well, in black or orange. These shirts are available for $25 each.

Thanks to everyone for so far for their support of the Brisbane Pinball Club. Hope to see you all there this Tuesday night!

Cheers,

Lambo

Seriously considering attending my first ever BPC event - and if work doesn't strand me in the arse end of nowhere, I'll be there on Tuesday night to showcase my l33t pin skills for all to see and have a feed.

If someone wants to go out on a limb, they can say I'm their friend if it means free pinball :)j/k happy to pay $15 for some pinball even though arcade games are harder to play :P

Better be careful. Remarks like this can potentially start world war III ;)

Look forward to meeting you!

Michi.

Yeah just stirring up the pinball players :D

Pretty sure we met at the first Flip Frenzy event - but may not have spoken much. Still keen to come tomorrow night as long as I don't get stuffed around by work.

Seriously considering attending my first ever BPC event - and if work doesn't strand me in the arse end of nowhere, I'll be there on Tuesday night to showcase my l33t pin skills for all to see and have a feed.

If someone wants to go out on a limb, they can say I'm their friend if it means free pinball :)j/k happy to pay $15 for some pinball even though arcade games are harder to play :P

Would be good to see you there John.

Is "a bloke I know" the same as a "friend"?[emoji1][emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be good to see you there John.

Is "a bloke I know" the same as a "friend"?[emoji1][emoji1].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking bids now, for $10 I will be your friend and you can save $5 :D