Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Whitewater dramas....fixed, I hope......

Had a reset problem on my Whitewater for a while now that I reckon I've fixed. Thought I'd share this and hopefully help someone out, plus a few other random bits.

I first followed the procedure posted by @Manny65 in this thread posted November 15 2016 in Pinball Technical and Repair Questions

WPC Indiana Jones crash/resetting. FIXED

From this I found TP2 to be at 4.90vdc and the CPU board to be at 4.76vdc. A re-seat of J114 got the CPU up to 4.85vdc. Played a few games without resets but I knew this was only a temporary fix..... So, yesterday I re-pinned J114 with new pins and trifurcon connectors. At the same time I replaced the LM323K voltage regulator with a PSU5 as described in this thread by @epicfatigue

Posted November 19 2016 in Pinball Technical and Repair Questions

How to Fix Random 5V resets for Good (The Right Way)

Rechecked the voltages, TP2 at 5.02vdc, CPU board at 4.99vdc, awesome!

I also re-flowed the solder on a couple of optos that looked dodgy as well as cleaning up the ramps and the opto housings on the disaster drop entry and the whirlpool drop. This stopped repeated DD entry's registering and bought back the whirlpool challenge multiball.

Played a few games.... New GC score ~950m, played a few more with me young bloke and missus - no resets, even more awesome as this is the missus's favourite game and she's been giving me s#$t about how it's not been working. No excuses now....:rolleyes

Great help from the forum, thanks fellas.

Edited by redders
Removed links as they were broken.

• 4 months later...