Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What is your second most favorite arcade game?

Sphere

​Hey Guys,

I am looking to expand my collection of arcade games and in the meantime I think I have a nice understanding of what the best and greatest games are. I am however interested in understanding what your second most favorite games are. In other words which games are still the hidden gems of arcade games?

Looking forward to your suggestions and it would be great to understand the reasons behind your choice as well.

Regards,

Pieter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input guys. This helped me a lot to get some inspiration on new games to collect. Throughout the web I received a lot of suggestions next to yours. Below you will find the short list as I had to prune the list substantially to make it manageable. I watched the longplays of the games and selected the following games to be on the list:

• Hammerin Harry
    Guardians / Denjin Makai 2
    Deamon Bride
    Metamorphic Force
    In The Hunt
    Punisher
    Radiant Silvergun
    Soukyugurentai / Terra Diver
    Elevator Action Returns
    Deathsmiles
    Dodonpachi Daioujou
    Mushihimesama
    Double Dragon
    Xain'd Sleena
    Spy Hunter
    Sunset Riders
    Shark Attack
    Donkey Kong 3
    Strider
    Breakers Revenge
    Air Buster / Aeroblasters
    Buta San
    Final Star Force
    Bubble Bobble
    Rainbow Islands
    Sprint 2
    Parodius Da!
    Gokujyou Parodius!
    Sexy Parodius
    Violent Storm
    Bucky O'hare
    All Points Bulletin
    Time Soldiers
    Crackdown
    Black Tiger
    Black Dragon
    Robocop
    Smash TV
    Shadow Dancer
    Shadow Warriors
    Point Blank
    X-Men vs Street Fighter
    Twinkle Star Sprites

And yes this is the short list... :redface ... if you would like to see the whole list just let me know :D

Are there any games that we still miss?

Thats a nice selection of games. I dont know what your current collection is like. But I tend to focus on certain areas. For example Im very into fighting games, so I collect for specific systems like Saturn and Neo Geo, and mainly focus on the fighters. Followed closely by shmups. I recommend the website Racket boy, they have lots of hidden gems guides also lots of recommended games guides.

• Super Moderator

Crush Roller, under appreciated classic. Ask any of the boys playing in the MGL and they'll tell you....

Your list tells me your not into older classics, maybe try Raiden, Atomic Robo Kid and Psychic 5

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...

Street Fighter 2 & friends might be my first love, but Dance Dance Revolution will forever have the second place in my heart.

Keep hoping that when I get the extensions built, that I'll be able to find one locally buried away at some Operator's warehouse or something. Can dream anyway :)