Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Storm water help

I think mine had to be 120mm to top of pipe.

Went down about 200mm or so and had sand under and over the pipe.

At shed end it was minimal as concrete was going over for a path.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can you'd be better off running it downhill all the way . Start off maybe shallow at the shed then go deeper at the high ( uphill ) section then down from there . It doesn't have to have much fall in it but is best if it has at least a slight drop otherwise you'll get water backing up in the pipe . As the rain washes off the roof and into the pipe the water will flow out but if there is an uphill section then you will always get water sitting in there . Over time the water evaporates leaving the dirt / mud behind that it washes off the roof and that compounds to form a build up of dirt and possible blockage of the pipe .

Also be careful running it near or under garden beds . Depending on what plants you have their roots may be attracted to the pipe as a water source which can crack and invade the pipe over time .

If you can you'd be better off running it downhill all the way . Start off maybe shallow at the shed then go deeper at the high ( uphill ) section then down from there . It doesn't have to have much fall in it but is best if it has at least a slight drop otherwise you'll get water backing up in the pipe . As the rain washes off the roof and into the pipe the water will flow out but if there is an uphill section then you will always get water sitting in there . Over time the water evaporates leaving the dirt / mud behind that it washes off the roof and that compounds to form a build up of dirt and possible blockage of the pipe .

Also be careful running it near or under garden beds . Depending on what plants you have their roots may be attracted to the pipe as a water source which can crack and invade the pipe over time .

Thanks guys, its a nightmare, impossible to go down hill. 2m away the neighbour has a 100mm storm water fir his shed, wonder if he let me tap into that. Ill investigate.

Cheers

Thanks guys, its a nightmare, impossible to go down hill. 2m away the neighbour has a 100mm storm water fir his shed, wonder if he let me tap into that. Ill investigate.

Cheers

I very much doubt that would be legal........