Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPinball/Hyperpin 2 screen question

camaro

Question

Due to losing my job and selling off my real pinball machines. I have a donor cab which I'm going to place Virtual pin in just to get my fix until I get back on my feet.

OK so have Hyperpin running well on my desk setup with a laptop as screen 1 (backglass and DMD) and a small LCD TV connected by HDMI as screen 2 (Playfield)

Just using this as a test bench to get my head around the 2 so when it comes time to upscale it's simpler.

Had to change settings.ini in Hyperpin to make that happen.

But when I go to play a game it swaps the 2 around so Playfield ends up on laptop screen and backglass and DMD on TV.

I'm sure it's an easy fix by editing a file somewhere but not sure if it's a VpinMame setting or Hyperpin file that needs editing.

Thanks in advance

Edited by camaro
spelling error

6 answers to this question

if you bypass hyperpin and just run a table straight out of visual pinball, do things display as they should ?

if so, swap the order of your screens in the hyperpin setup. hopefully that might fix things when running out of hyperpin.

Hey @camaro - give me a yell when you look to "upscale" it all as I'll shortly be releasing a new pinball encoder based on Pinscape that will be under $100 and offer analog nudging and plunging. :cool:

You may also want to consider PinballX instead of HyperPin as a frontend as most people (including myself) favour it for a number of reasons.