Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Another G07 issue

HDT22

Question

Hi All,

I have another G07 issue, i have capped and replaced the flyback and now have the screen in the attached pic.

Has anyone had this issue or know what may be wrong? Have tried adjustments and they alter the screen but jst make it narrower/wider etc.

Would this be a board issue, e.g ROMS?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Corey

20160807_180731-1.jpg

21 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have another G07 issue, i have capped and replaced the flyback and now have the screen in the attached pic.

Has anyone had this issue or know what may be wrong? Have tried adjustments and they alter the screen but jst make it narrower/wider etc.

Would this be a board issue, e.g ROMS?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Corey

What game are you running (I see a Pac-Man Bezel, but...) and what happens when you adjust H freq?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Sorry it is a pacman board, i did adjust the H freq but did not fix the problem. ( to be honest i would need to do it again to tell you exactly what it did)

I did find this tonight,

Problem: Then entire playfield is filled with alternating coloured horizontal lines.

Fix: Bad 2125 rams. Replaced them all at 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D. There was "goo" under them

causing all kinds of shorts between legs. After cleaning them off, only 2A was actually bad.

Not sure how to check the ram chips yet, what would be the best way to check them?

Chèers

Corey

Sorry it is a pacman board, i did adjust the H freq but did not fix the problem. ( to be honest i would need to do it again to tell you exactly what it did)

I did find this tonight,

Problem: Then entire playfield is filled with alternating coloured horizontal lines.

Fix: Bad 2125 rams. Replaced them all at 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D. There was "goo" under them

causing all kinds of shorts between legs. After cleaning them off, only 2A was actually bad.

Not sure how to check the ram chips yet, what would be the best way to check them?

Chèers

Corey

The best way to test the ram would be in another working board. I also think you have a monitor issue looking at that picture, likely a sync or adjustment problem. You mentioned you recapped the monitor, but did you test it first to see if it was working and you had a stable picture?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hi John,

When i first powered the machine on the flyback was arcing and the cap on the neckboard destroyed itself. So i recapped the board and replaced the flyback. Powered up no problem, but as you know i have this problem. I went through trying to adjust of the pots on the rear of the chassis but they did not seem to even change the picture for the better, just altered it thinner/fatter lines etc or adjusting size of screen.

Cheers

Corey

Hi John,

When i first powered the machine on the flyback was arcing and the cap on the neckboard destroyed itself. So i recapped the board and replaced the flyback. Powered up no problem, but as you know i have this problem. I went through trying to adjust of the pots on the rear of the chassis but they did not seem to even change the picture for the better, just altered it thinner/fatter lines etc or adjusting size of screen.

Cheers

Corey

Were in Qld are you Corey?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

I have a frogger that has a G07 in it, i did have a quick look yesterday and the plugs look different ( one had locators but the other did not). Would need to look closer if i could change the one without locators over.

Alternatively i could swap the monitors over.

Cheers

Corey

Hey John,

I adjusted the v lin today and all it did was widen the coloured lines a touch. So i put the 2 machines at right angles to each other and plugged it up to use another monitor. I got a similar picture to what i get if i adjust the original monitors adjustments h freq etc.

Hoping it is the missing RAM chip in 2A

20160810_163727.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]97210[/ATTACH]

Utilising second monitor and original monitor

Cheers

Corey

20160807_180731.jpg

Hey John,

I adjusted the v lin today and all it did was widen the coloured lines a touch. So i put the 2 machines at right angles to each other and plugged it up to use another monitor. I got a similar picture to what i get if i adjust the original monitors adjustments h freq etc.

Hoping it is the missing RAM chip in 2A

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]97210[/ATTACH]

Utilising second monitor and original monitor

Cheers

Corey

Pic one looks to be in sync now, although still out of adjustment. Have you placed the game in test mode to see what happens (error messages)?

Added: Just looking at the RAM at 2A and your game should still boot regardless if the IC is missing or not.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

No mate i have not, is this a case of just using the switch in the front of the cab or do i need to do something else as well? I have not used it before but i will try to read about it as well.

Cheers

Corey

No mate i have not, is this a case of just using the switch in the front of the cab or do i need to do something else as well? I have not used it before but i will try to read about it as well.

Cheers

Corey

There is a slide switch inside the coin door.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Yean mate tried the switch once powered up, does not do anything. Tried adjusting and and it adjusts screen but display is still the same other than h freq which will change to the narrower lines.

Cheers

Corey

Yean mate tried the switch once powered up, does not do anything. Tried adjusting and and it adjusts screen but display is still the same other than h freq which will change to the narrower lines.

Cheers

Corey

I suspect you have deeper board issues myself :(

Have you checked the +5V on the board?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hi all,

Tested the voltages 7v/12v/ 5v and all seem to be ok, at the connector fingers on the main pcb board where the first pcb is plugged into. Not sure what this first board if for yet ( anyone know?) Thought it was a rectifier board but do not think so now.

I also notice this on the board today, SUPER GLOB. Did this game use the same board as pacman? Wondering if i do not have a pacman board/Rom's?

Cheers

Corey

20160811_184925-1.jpg

Hi all,

Tested the voltages 7v/12v/ 5v and all seem to be ok, at the connector fingers on the main pcb board where the first pcb is plugged into. Not sure what this first board if for yet ( anyone know?) Thought it was a rectifier board but do not think so now.

I also notice this on the board today, SUPER GLOB. Did this game use the same board as pacman? Wondering if i do not have a pacman board/Rom's?

Cheers

Corey

The board is likely a filter board. You can remove it if you prefer.

MsPacManPcb.jpg

And yes, Super Glob was a conversion for Pac-Man, so you might need new roms burnt.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9900

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Hi All,

I measured some more voltages today, i think most are within range but curious about r52 if it is within range.

C2 5.2Vdc

C3 5.1Vdc

D7-D8 13.6Vac

D3-D4 24Vac

R52- 14.4Vdc

Q6 Ground TO Base 6vdc

Thoughts?

Thanks NEO,

The vlin is not changing whats on the screen at all, just widens and narrows the screen so to speak.

Cheers

Corey

- - - Updated - - -

Also used frogger machine to test monitor, all seems ok there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also used frogger machine to test monitor, all seems ok there.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologise for all the posts but hoping something might help point to the problem,

Left this unplugged And i got this, still no picture but the screen changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologise for all the posts but hoping something might help point to the problem,

Left this unplugged And i got this, still no picture but the screen changed.

20160812_102925.jpg

20160812_104609.jpg

20160812_104229.jpg