Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Proxies are frowned upon?

Logged in using the same laptop and browser I have been using since joining and today a popup tells me that

Proxies are frowned upon in our community, Please disable

this or change browsers. Thank you

Anyone else?

Yeh! Me too. Whats a Proxy anyway? Iḿ using Linux & Firefox.

A proxy is a different IP address than the one you are physically connected too. EG someone using a VPN would be connecting from the home to another location and then to AA. It would report that they are in a different location than what they actually are.

A proxy is a different IP address than the one you are physically connected too. EG someone using a VPN would be connecting from the home to another location and then to AA. It would report that they are in a different location than what they actually are.

Thanks, Iḿ 35,000 km above you! I have a satellite Uplink & downlink via Skymuster.

• Administrators

Thanks for the explanation.

Like I said nothing to worry about, you just get that pop up once if it detects anything and only there as another tool against spammers and other undesirables.