Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netherworld - Brisbane Barcade

So it's official, Brisbane's barcade is going ahead. I know some guys on this forum are involved in this and I really hope the venue kicks ass. I'll be there front and centre on opening night.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/get-stoked-nerds-brissys-getting-a-****-off-big-ar/5c32fe33-690c-4251-8a5b-2487e637a6f5.htm

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for posting the thread namastepat.

Lot's more info coming over the next couple of months.

15 pinballs and 25 arcade cabs plus 100+ board games and classic consoles.

If you know the Step Inn or Underdog it's a massive venue but we have only taken half of the ground floor. Still over 400m2 though.

1000 likes and 45 reviews within first 12 hours we are pretty stoked with. Mind the reviews are just a piss take from friends :)

Will try my best to set up a sneak peak for all AA and Pinside members before we open.

We are getting lot's of amazing help from many guys and gals on this forum already.

Woop!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the inside info on this last night and then found this thread.

25 arcade machines is awesome, the pinball guys seem to get so many meets and places to go and us arcade nuts have nothing much. Can't wait for the opening.

@Jimmi Nails - thanks to you and your partners for doing this, If I had the money I would have loved to do this, I'm sure it will be a very successful business. I think you've found yourself a really good location, plenty of people with heaps of disposable income in The Valley who are probably in the 30-50 yo age group who still remember the arcade games and pinball.

One suggestion if you haven't done it already regarding the arcade games - get in contact with Jace Hall at Twin Galaxies - it would be great if players could come to a place like this and get their scores easily submitted to a Guinness WR site such was TG because the site is known for it's integrity in having machines with original boards (which is what I hope you have) on TG settings.

Hoping you'll have an original DK machine, you'll get a massive line up just to play one of those.

Good luck with your endeavours.

I really hope this place has a high score chalk board. I'd never get my name on it, but the high score chalk board above the bar is always a really cool thing to have. Each arcade game title written in the artwork of the game and then scores listed below.

I really hope this place has a high score chalk board. I'd never get my name on it, but the high score chalk board above the bar is always a really cool thing to have. Each arcade game title written in the artwork of the game and then scores listed below.

How about a turkey board for the not so good scores

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heading in for a bite to eat and a few games at noon today. I will have my very faded black MGL shirt on if anyone is going in and I don't know ya and you feel like saying hi.

Parking: double check for Sat, but I just booked online with secure park in Brunswick St for $7 for the day on weekends, norm price is $13 I think. Safer than on street and car nice and cool when you're ready to leave.... No beers for me today.