Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aerosmith - the next next Stern

delarge

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guys review I copied off Pinside:

"So ...."

Sorry to be the cynic, but I just gotta say...

This sounds exactly like a "review" a PR person at Stern would put together!!

Note the key words used that more or less come from Sterns own PR e.g Spike 2, Jackie (WTF is a JACKIE!!), etc. Makes sure to cover ground related to online feedback on the new display, and some criticism on using Kiss sounds. Goes into depth regarding the new Spike 2 system (like we care what its called!) and the ability to adjust base because of, yep you guessed "Spike 2" mentioned again.

Covers the similarity comments of Metallica and Kiss, and assures everyone it plays different. blah blah blah.

If you where to be given the job of doing PR for Aerosmith this is how you would go about it.. LOL it even suggests that "its not that expensive for a pro"!! like WTF, the Price has gone UP, and compared to what exactly!?! :laugh:

If this person doesn't work for Stern then they should be given a job there :)

I know everyone has their own opinion of every game they play but to me this review smacks of effort. Then again maybe I am completely wrong and the reviewer just loves the game..

Here is my review: I have had a go of Aerosmith and found it was generally good fun, with some great potential, early code and all that. Its way to early to say much more.

Really good game, not a fan of Aerosmith at all, but it's a great playing pin, even on early code. Been very well received at Timezone/s.

I am also not an Aerosmith fan but had some games at timezone Coolangatta over the weekend and I must say , I really enjoy the pin. Thought the muti ball locking was very cool.

Did your dickhed mate pick his up yet?

Or is he still laid up with a stuffed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John

He picked it up today and just chucked it in the shed still in box.

Let's hassle him later when he has his nanna nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to be the cynic, but I just gotta say...

This sounds exactly like a "review" a PR person at Stern would put together!!

Note the key words used that more or less come from Sterns own PR e.g Spike 2, Jackie (WTF is a JACKIE!!), etc. Makes sure to cover ground related to online feedback on the new display, and some criticism on using Kiss sounds. Goes into depth regarding the new Spike 2 system (like we care what its called!) and the ability to adjust base because of, yep you guessed "Spike 2" mentioned again.

Covers the similarity comments of Metallica and Kiss, and assures everyone it plays different. blah blah blah.

If you where to be given the job of doing PR for Aerosmith this is how you would go about it.. LOL it even suggests that "its not that expensive for a pro"!! like WTF, the Price has gone UP, and compared to what exactly!?! :laugh:

If this person doesn't work for Stern then they should be given a job there :)

I know everyone has their own opinion of every game they play but to me this review smacks of effort. Then again maybe I am completely wrong and the reviewer just loves the game..

Here is my review: I have had a go of Aerosmith and found it was generally good fun, with some great potential, early code and all that. Its way to early to say much more.

Definitely is someone with too much time on their hands.... f#$k me!

Jackie (WTF is a JACKIE!!)

I think he got confused with the Elevator Jackie in the song??

Jackie

Jackie's in the elevator... woooa

Lingerie second floor... woooa yeah

She said can I see you later... woooa

And love you just a little more... woooa yeah

Jacky

Players will be mesmerized by the interactive “Jacky on the Box” mechanical feature on the playfield. Jacky sits on a toy box allowing players to launch pinballs through the air and slam dunk the steel ball into the box.

Very nice! :041: First impressions?

The presentation of the game in particular the pf art is stunning. Solid ruleset so far. Sparse pf but in a good way.

Surprisingly my fav shot was the right kicker. Thought it might seem a bit clunky but its very satisfying when you nail it.

Im not an aerosmith fan but songs were fun to play to. Needs more of a light show on jackie and flashers.

I dont mind kiss but prefer this and more fun imo than metallica but im not a metallica fan. Wish gb had the lcd though :( that screen is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Under hood

I got to play Aerosmith for the first time last night. It's a fun game. Ball times are on the long side.

Shots are fun and satisfying. The right lock isn't easy to hit, and satisfying when you do. The hardest shot is the right ramp, which has very narrow entrance, not much wider than the ball. Unless the shot is precise, you get a (dangerous) rebound from the posts either side of the ramp entrance. The second hardest shot is probably the left orbit (through the bumpers, similar to the Tunnel shot on TWD). It's quite tight and, unless the shot is "just so", it either collects a bumper or rattles out, even if it doesn't hit a bumper.

The toy box is a great idea. Definitely a winner. My only concern is how well this will wear over time. As the machine gets older, I expect that the ball shooter will start missing. This might (or might not) be a maintenance headache over time.

Artwork is truly great. And what I really enjoyed are the animations on the LCD. specially the guy on the steel spring is great. A lot of creativity has gone into this. (I really liked the ball save animation.)

I didn't have enough time to understand the rules in full, but it looks like there is enough depth there to keep people interested, regardless of skill level.

I think this is going to be a winner for Stern. It's up there with Metallica and the Walking Dead, IMO.

Michi.