Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Coin Door Enquiry: Anyone know this coin door?

Lord-Data

Question

Ok, so this is a cab I'll be working on soon. It's a UK import, brought over from the UK by its owner. It's a TMNT cabinet.

4f5c35f4-88ec-4b01-b79e-51855b7bde53.jpg

It's much smaller than most I've seen. Looks like it's actually the coinbox door, if I follow the photos correctly, that the box above is the coin return, so the mech must actually be above that. I've only seen close-up photos, not whole machine photos so far. Actually, no, found more details, the coins actually get inserted above the control panel, one per player, and feed down to the coin-box and return below.

So yeah, it's a cashbox door. Still not ever seen one like it. The cut-out size is:

width: 8.8cm

length: 25.7cm

Just not sure what kind of door to look for. Should it be timber or metal? Is this something I'm likely to find, or am I going to have to get creative?

4 answers to this question

It is metal framed as you can see the mark from the frame and are you sure with the 8cm measurement

No, I'm not sure at all, it doesn't look right to me, the proportion doesn't seem right. I haven't seen this one in person yet, just been asked to check it out, It's got some wiring issues and other problems, as well as this. Metal ring would screw in/clamp from the back then I guess? I can't see any screw holes from the front.

or would the front door actually be attached to the coin box perhaps, and holds in by lock alone?