Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Asteroids upright needed.

Hi chaps, it's been ages since I logged on, life gets in the way of fun, and I have been TOO involved in life lately, to have some fun!

Hi to Dez, I don't know too many others here, but I'm from Gippsland in Victoria. [not my fault].

a mate of mine is looking for a good Asteroids cabinet/game. doesn't matter so much if it isn't working, as long as the cab is in GOOD nick. He is a games tech anyhow, if the XY monitor works, that's the main thing. I did hear there was a completely restored cab from one of the guys here, feel free to reply, let's see what is in Oz.

Cheers to all!:030:

Hi chaps, it's been ages since I logged on, life gets in the way of fun, and I have been TOO involved in life lately, to have some fun!

Hi to Dez, I don't know too many others here, but I'm from Gippsland in Victoria. [not my fault].

a mate of mine is looking for a good Asteroids cabinet/game. doesn't matter so much if it isn't working, as long as the cab is in GOOD nick. He is a games tech anyhow, if the XY monitor works, that's the main thing. I did hear there was a completely restored cab from one of the guys here, feel free to reply, let's see what is in Oz.

Cheers to all!:030:

Hi Paul

Yay, good to see you here again

Not sure of your budget

John is trustworthy, and thorough. Buy with confidence

All the best mate

Thanks for the reply John! But that's not the price range I was looking at. I know you have restored it to super clean, so you deserve that type of coin BUT, my friend who wants this game is a very experienced Arcade tech himself, I think he would rather spend some time doing what you did, from a bargain price to start with, like you might of done. There aren't many Asteroids uprights in Oz really, there are heaps in the states, but getting them here is not so easy, unless you know a guy that imports with containers. Even then, you still have USA freight issues just to get it to the container sometimes......

I did it with Gravitar and Tempest, but it cost me $$$$.

Thanks for the reply John! But that's not the price range I was looking at. I know you have restored it to super clean, so you deserve that type of coin BUT, my friend who wants this game is a very experienced Arcade tech himself, I think he would rather spend some time doing what you did, from a bargain price to start with, like you might of done. There aren't many Asteroids uprights in Oz really, there are heaps in the states, but getting them here is not so easy, unless you know a guy that imports with containers. Even then, you still have USA freight issues just to get it to the container sometimes......

I did it with Gravitar and Tempest, but it cost me $$$$.

No problem at all, good luck with the search.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Not really. If you go into importing blind, yes. I paid 800 for Gravitar from a guy in the states who restores and collects games, the cab is B grade lovely condition, BUT, being a green horn, by the time I got it to a storage in Footscray, I paid a total of just under $2900.00. Now this looks similar to #3K, yes it does, but I got cleaned up with shipping and storage , CUSTOMS, and was told that by an importer. If you know someone who imports stuff in containers, the charge for an upright cab is usually only $300. This works off it's footprint in floor space, not really weight. So, if I had a good connection, you are talking around $1100.00 NOT what happened to me! [lol], and it cost me $2700.00 for Tempest! [when I thought I was smarter than previously......]. I don't have money to spare at all, it was just a period of time when I did a fair amount of cash only trading, over 15 odd months. I can get a nice Battlezone upright with view scope and all, for about $500, but I won't do this until I establish the right guy over here first!.

I think you're missing a few expenses. Knowing someone importing a container is one thing, but saying the cost to ship a game in it would only be $300 is likely half the cost. I highly doubt a connection would be prepared to do it at cost anyway, and would want to make some money on the deal. Also, how do you get this game to the container to be shipped? You'll likely have to pay to have it palletised (Has to be heat treated wood and stamped, or on plastic), wrapped and shipped internally, add another $300 - $400US (or more).

If I could have paid $300 a cab in shipping when I imported my 40 foot container, I'd have been over the moon!

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Just to add to Johns notes- I am currently bringing a US defender in -

as John has mentioned it needs to be palletised from US person, made from the right material, etc etc

- and its around 2.3k freight to my door.(Chicago - Newcastle)

our company brings heaps of goods in from china US etc, and these are the costs.

its still going to cost you 3k anyway- look after the local trade if you can

- these guys are the back bone of the industry without them we will all be going OS.

PS: buy cheap buy twice...

Good luck with it - support the local guys if you can. No

True John.

That still hinges off knowing the guy with the game, and the games location to the container, yes you are right there. With Tempest, my buddy over there did all that for me [palletized] it didn't need stamping at his end though... maybe from clearance before shipping. I might of forgot a few things ! haha.

True John.

That still hinges off knowing the guy with the game, and the games location to the container, yes you are right there. With Tempest, my buddy over there did all that for me [palletized] it didn't need stamping at his end though... maybe from clearance before shipping. I might of forgot a few things ! haha.

Wooden pallets must be treated and stamped accordingly for customs clearance into Australia.

If they are not you will be hit with a fee for treating them here - upwards of $600 depending on how lucky you are on the day!

Another thing to be wary of is importing used equipment of any type into Australia. It is possible (usually in about 50% of cases) that Customs or AQIS or BOTH will want to unload the container and inspect your item for dirt/bugs/etc and then repack. This can cost you another (insert large amount here) $XXX - amount unknown but easily could be as much as thousands of dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

Searching through some pictures yesterday, I actually found a picture of one of the games back at my house after I picked it up from storage. Customs charged me the usual fee, from memory it was $160,,OR $260, I cannot remember, BUT, they didn't even go to storage to do it, they just charged me. The guy at Footscray at the storage location, is the guy customs have to see to get in there, he told me Customs has definitely NOT been in here to check your game, they do this all the time he said. That was annoying, and just part of all the bullshit $$ you pay extra for nothing much.

[Cannot find the browse to get the picture up?] Where is it hiding?

Found it, didn't rotate though. This is Gravitar!

286411506_2012-01-1117_21_53.thumb.jpg.f1b351e7de65ef04fceafe87e2aca7ae.jpg

Edited by INSERT COINS
insert picture.