Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vertical photo issue

Hi,

I had that trouble too.

Portrait photos from iPhone displayed landscape on this site.

I always uploaded photos to my pc. If you use windows 7 and just open the folder you have the photos in and display them as medium icons, right click on them and rotate clockwise.

Then when you upload to this site its in portrait format.

Bugged me for ages too.

Yep, this has nothing to do with AA.

This has been going on with iPhones for years (since they decided to make the volume button the shutter button) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3431867?start=0&tstart=0

If you're using an iphone, and if you don't want to do all the post rotating/cropping etc on computer, to take upright pics you need to take the photo with the volume buttons below and to the left (home button to the right), basically the complete opposite of what apple used to advertise!! You'll be holding it like you're pressing the volume with your left thumb. This is the cameras 'upright' position. You can either take a photo with your left thumb, or use your right finger or thumb to press the white 'take photo' circle on the screen above the home button. I'm used to taking photos with the volume button with my left thumb now. If I ever use a real camera again, I'll be pressing underneath each time and missing the shot :lol.

If you're using another phone/device, you'll have to look up which is the right way. I only know iPhones.

Effing hell. Is that a telescope? It's huge!

Without looking closely at it originally I thought it was a hot water cylinder!

Yes, thatś my telescope....Iḿ short sighted. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

it just you doug... get gimp and use it to edit and rotate to suit. then upload it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94402[/ATTACH]

Weird thing is Dougie itś Vertical on my computer when I post it.

Sure! This one is not taken by me but thats the resolution I see.

I can't put into words how cool I think that is. What is that, and how far away? Can you share some specs on the telescope?

I've been looking into buying one but don't know anything about them.

I can't put into words how cool I think that is. What is that, and how far away? Can you share some specs on the telescope?

The image is the middle star people see in the handle of the big dipper, However this is wrong itś really the middle star of the sword on Orionś belt itś called M42. We see it differently in the southern hemisphere. Itś not a star to the naked eye but a Nebula where new stars are born.

The Telescope is a BT-302 Newtonian Dobson base, It has a 12¨ primary mirror weighing many Kilograms. Itś a very nice piece of gear.

Sad news is I lost hundreds of pictures when I changed my computer from Windows to Linux. I simply forgot to back them up. I will take more soon.

If your really interested

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/

Itś an Aussie astronomy site, like AA

Sure! This one is not taken by me but thats the resolution I see.

The unknown out there what draws so many people to gazing at these wonderful pictures, having that image available to you at the drop of a hat is unbelievable :D

Wow was gonna ask price out of curiosity thinking it was going to be $50 grand or something (cause I know sweet fa about telescopes and that looks 1 million times bigger than what you see in a kids bedroom) but it's only $1100. hmmm

If you want to spend a gizzion bucks go for it, But I did my research for the best bang for buck. This is my solution.. :)