Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Internet Gaming Bash of the Year 2016

IGBY is returning in July. Players can sign up for the contest at tournaments.twingalaxies.com and pick what team they wish to play for. Who will win this time? Will it be one of the MARP teams or one of the newcomer teams such as Screenshotties or Virginiawillbehad?

1. - Selected games will be played for the entire five week period July 5th to August 2nd

2. - Each team sends in 2 Games. send your game selections to Wolf no later than June 23rd. Wolf will inform all sites of game selections upon receipt of selections. Should duplicate game selections be received, the team with the highest number of registered players will yield to the team with the smaller number of players. The smaller team will select another game. Wolf will advise of all details once final list of games have been posted. Once games are selected and posted by Wolf. Games will be played with default dip switches

3. - Auto fire is not allowed

4. - AdjudicationAll Submissions require inp, stream, video, or ru. If submitting inp must be wolfmame .106, latest wolfmame, or ru. if submitting a stream or video make an attempt to show dips and romset. Verifying scores each team will have 1 or 2 people reviewing scores for other teams

5. - Submissions: players should submit their scores via tournament.vg – as we want to maintain as live a scoreboard as possible, please submit early and often. Please do not hold on to score submissions. no recording can be uploaded 24 hours after you recorded it. If these periods are violated, then that person's score for that game will be disqualified.

6. - All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 2nd. Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

7. scoring will be Top 5 from each team per game will score points for their team.

8. Teams are required to have a minimum of 10 players. Any team that does not have 10 registered players by the beginning of the event will be required to be placed in a state of "partnership". This is essentially a merger of two teams. For example, if Team XYZ is partnered with DKF, then the two teams will become "DKF + XYZ", essentially working as one. It is the sole discretion of the event organizer (wolf) if and how partnerships will occur, but in the event they do occur, they will be engineered to ensure overall tournament-wide team balance.

9. Scoring is based on placement and top 5 per team score. 1st and 2nd get more points so if there are 50 scoring positions 1st gets 55 points and 2nd gets 53

10. Banned game list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1On5-ecExtvP2mdQ4WvJlWqdtwrFuG4mUsefX9aAZrmE/edit?usp=sharing

Hiya Wolf,

I'm not sure that i'll compete as yet but was wondering why some of the banned games are banned,

I thought some might be due to the controls like Arkanoid but then i don't see Arkanoid 2 or variants as banned and games like bank panic / Ghosts and goblins i thought would be ok ?

Is it due to the games being in a comp recently or marathonable ?

Hiya Wolf,

I'm not sure that i'll compete as yet but was wondering why some of the banned games are banned,

I thought some might be due to the controls like Arkanoid but then i don't see Arkanoid 2 or variants as banned and games like bank panic / Ghosts and goblins i thought would be ok ?

Is it due to the games being in a comp recently or marathonable ?

neither bank panic or G+G are exploitable as both use a level timer so it must be cause they have been played. (I love both those games :) )

I'm a sucker for punishment I guess. Signed up for team AA

I'll have to work out why i can never seem to get inp recordings to work and give you a hand although i won't be much help ...

neither bank panic or G+G are exploitable as both use a level timer so it must be cause they have been played. (I love both those games :) )

ah ok , so i was on the right track, I like Bank panic too although i'm not great at it and am stuck at a certain point . pity about arkanoid as i have a dedicated cab..

I like Bank panic too although i'm not great at it and am stuck at a certain point . pity about arkanoid as i have a dedicated cab..

what point are you stuck at in Bank Panic ? A dedicated Arkanoid is pretty :cool:

I'm in for whatever little I can add. Not sure how much time I will have to play, and I'll need favourable games to be any help.

Guess we need 10 people before we can discuss game selection - since most of my favourites are on the banned list I have nothing to add anyway :)

Someone PM me when this starts and I haven't submitted any scores, because I'll no doubt forget about it otherwise :lol

what point are you stuck at in Bank Panic ?

the bit where my fingers can't keep up with my eyes.. i think i've only made it to level 11 once or twice.

A dedicated Arkanoid is pretty :cool:

Well its not a true Arkanoid cab, its a scramble cab with some nice work done by @MamePatrol, i'm not that good at it but i do likes me some non-joystick arcade action.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii618/OzBatfink/arcade%20stuff/20160531_201239_zpsedmnibw6.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii618/OzBatfink/arcade%20stuff/20160531_201100_zpsdpi3y1bm.jpg