Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lights on or off while playing?

tas_tig3r

DMD,S...yep...main lights on or only slightly dimmed...dam leds flashing all the time makes it so easy to lose track of the ball on the sterns and B/W....

EMS... lights either on or off , a totally different experience to be had ...adding new memories to old ones..i just dont get tired of hearing those old chimes...no two games will ever have the same chorus on those old girls...pocket money well spent in those days..

Overhead lighting ON in the pinball end of the room.......overhead lighting OFF in the arcade end of room, I just added a couple of small lights behind my Astro cabs which light the room enough so you don't trip over and you can see you cider and munchies but they don't shine of the screens. In fact with the lighting behind it makes the screen look even more vibrant I think, could be bias though. For my vector cabs, Asteroids and colour Space Duel they are best appreciated in total darkness :)

For other night time activities I prefer the lights off also :o:lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lights on but not in a place that reflect the light in your eyes off the glass. I played some pins at Coogee Bay and some had a ridiculous reflection off some of the overhead lights.

By the way, can someone tell me if any of the newer machines fitted with fast flashing LEDs have a warning on them for the lights causing fits?.

I do remember seeing a Williams/ Bally pinball with such a warning on it somewhere. It was on a STTNG or earlier Williams/ Bally stating people that suffer from fits should not play the machine or some warning like that because of the fast, bright flashing lights.

Obviously this was only referring to the flash bulbs being of a time prior to LEDs being used but to my surprise someone did actually have a fit brought on by the flash lights on this machine.

I'm just wondering if I saw this warning on the machine or whether it was written in the manual and if anyone can confirm this.