Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Are some pinball parts suppliers anti-VP?

RustyCardores

Question

Wanting to ensure that it would fit my cab before I made the purchase, I asked a pinball parts supplier if they could supply me a measurement of a bracket.

I got a flat out "NO.... These are genuine parts for Bally machines"

I didn't mention Virtual at all, they must have just assumed that if I needed to know if it would fit, then it wasn't a genuine machine?? I'm glad I didn't mention anything when I purchased my genuine pinball legs from them. If I did my cab would probably still be sitting on the floor! lol

So.... are some suppliers anti-virtual or are they bound by agreements from the manufacturer?

No matter which, this is a heads-up... if you are going to build a cab in Aus, place your order, pay and say nothing. That, or just pretend that you are doing a restoration on a real machine.

Hi Rusty,

As @toads indicated, we're a pretty decent bunch here at AA (well, most of us ;))so you'd do well to base your research here and you'll invariably end up being pointed in the right direction and get the info you need. The pinball scene can be a bit weird at times as well as VERY cliquey so it's probably prudent to not go tap dancing too lively through that minefield.........:confused:

That's exactly what I said WITHOUT the sugar coating.....:lol

This thread sucks

However one part I would like to say is, I wish i was in a business where I could just ignore customers questions and still have customers at the end, no matter how stupid the question is, so far I have not ever heard of such a business until now it seems lol.

Ive been stuck on the phone for something that was worth $2, BUT I dont ever want to make the mistake of assuming they wont come back and spend a few hundred later.

One of my vending machines stole $2 from a customer and so we received an angry note under the door, I drove 15mintues to return that money because long term it could have been worth while, as it gave our business a good name, Not only that the customer came back and used our store again and is now a regular.

So to say a business shouldn't reply to questions because they feel its to small for them, is crazy, imagine walking into your local bunnings or electrical store and asking a question and they said No or ignored you? you would walk out and not come back again. Online stores should not mean No service IMO, ignoring customers Is stupid and poor business ethic, and will cost your business long term.

now you also have to consider that maybe its only a few dollars for you, but you are also being nice enough to help some one else, which is just the right thing todo IMO

and shows your not an asshole lol

people in general (not you in particular) love to think they are entitled to a virtual neck massage over a $20 order.

Now hang on!

You mean I'm out of order asking for a foot massage when I spend $50 on a order?!?

This thread sucks

However one part I would like to say is, I wish i was in a business where I could just ignore customers questions and still have customers at the end, no matter how stupid the question is, so far I have not ever heard of such a business until now it seems lol.

Ive been stuck on the phone for something that was worth $2, BUT I dont ever want to make the mistake of assuming they wont come back and spend a few hundred later.

One of my vending machines stole $2 from a customer and so we received an angry note under the door, I drove 15mintues to return that money because long term it could have been worth while, as it gave our business a good name, Not only that the customer came back and used our store again and is now a regular.

So to say a business shouldn't reply to questions because they feel its to small for them, is crazy, imagine walking into your local bunnings or electrical store and asking a question and they said No or ignored you? you would walk out and not come back again. Online stores should not mean No service IMO, ignoring customers Is stupid and poor business ethic, and will cost your business long term.

now you also have to consider that maybe its only a few dollars for you, but you are also being nice enough to help some one else, which is just the right thing todo IMO

Well said :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has their own way of doing business and what suits some doesn't suit others. Personally, I dislike the way Apple does business (and so do the Irish it seems :lol) so I have never owned and probably will never own an Apple product.

Horses for courses folks.......

flawed comparison, try and make it using a niche market online business.. not a bulk retailer..

IM in a niche market, I dont ignore my customers or people who send me a message on my webpage asking for help or advice.

Its stupid business to do that, Ive gained some very good customers, by just giving them free advice.

I think its more important to have good customer service when in a niche business

some people you ignore when they have given you a reason too, like abuse at you, or argumentative, those people fine, but a new customer NO way.

But most of all its just general Decency to be helpful to people who ask for advice.

but Yes at the end of the day

as @Homepin said, every one has different ways of doing Business,

I guess the consumer can decide who not to shop with. Just like the example of not buying apple products

This thread sucks

You and I are a bit alike. I run an online business and find that going above and beyond is what has set us apart and ultimately made us a success.

A couple of years ago I took an urgent order and said that we could meet the deadline. I allowed time for an issue at the factory, but didn't factor on there being an endless stream of them.

In the end we produced the item in time, but missed our last transport window. So I chucked the camp mattress in the wagon, drove from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to pick up the product and then delivered it personally to Armidale at no extra cost.

I didn't make money on that job, but I broke even and I kept the sale. More importantly, I kept the customer! A customer who has gone on to make more purchases with me and who continues to drive new business my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk