Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Batman 66 - the next Stern

chopchop

Le

Is that yours mate? Don't look like the Ryza household? :cool:

Still waiting to see it lined up next to another Stern.

Backbox looks taller.

God I hope not mate, my OCD is bad enough without yet ANOTHER different headbox! :laugh:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that yours mate? Don't look like the Ryza household? :cool:

God I hope not mate, my OCD is bad enough without yet ANOTHER different headbox! [emoji23]

Correct! This is lambodad's Vip unboxing party. Amd already updated code. Pin needed a little bit of tweaking.

Couldn't find the backbox keys. They where in the bottom of cab (back then you have it set up) . That's not really tweaking but might help someone.

Screws all feel tight. I think amd went through them. The plastic actuator on the left flipper was a tiny bit loose. So it was hitting the end of the eos and getting stuck. Needs to be swiveled back into place but then moved again... So we clipped the end of the eos off. Like 1mm...very small. Probably ask amd for thr actuator. It's a 3 dollar part.

Translite wasnt edge to edge. So it wasn't totally flat up against the glass.

We put some padding on the left ramp... But you elevated it a tiny but and the left ramp protector would then get the ball stuck on the ramp.

Flippers spring might need adjusting. I don't have any new sterns so not sure of they are meant to feel like that. Uploading a video now

Think that's it

Batman 66 premium at Maitland leagues club for those wanting a game.

Had about 20 games on it. Beautiful looking pinball and fun to play. Worth checking out just for the new screen which looks awesome.

Which screen size you prefer John? JJP or Stern.

Couldn't find the backbox keys. They where in the bottom of cab (back then you have it set up) . That's not really tweaking but might help someone.

Screws all feel tight. I think amd went through them. The plastic actuator on the left flipper was a tiny bit loose. So it was hitting the end of the eos and getting stuck. Needs to be swiveled back into place but then moved again... So we clipped the end of the eos off. Like 1mm...very small. Probably ask amd for thr actuator. It's a 3 dollar part.

Translite wasnt edge to edge. So it wasn't totally flat up against the glass.

We put some padding on the left ramp... But you elevated it a tiny but and the left ramp protector would then get the ball stuck on the ramp.

Flippers spring might need adjusting. I don't have any new sterns so not sure of they are meant to feel like that. Uploading a video now

Think that's it

Thanks for your help bro your a champion will get glass tommorow kids are loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d5393a26f23ef1248b1052a32783f38f.jpg

Glued on my batmobile today although it was pretty good already, just making it highly unlikely to come loose now.

Now you mention it @Ryza I will have to flattten my translite out as well as it is also not perfectly flat.

Game plays well and have managed to capture 3 villains in 1 game so far a couple of times.

I don't think the size of the LCD matters as long as you are using it to make the game easier to understand. Batman does a decent job by flashing little post it note style annotation on the right of the screen.

The menu is the same which is pretty disappointing. So is instant info. I really hope its just a placeholder and they will improve the entire system with an update.

Re: The Crane.

How perfect do you need to get the shot for it to register? Backhands wouldnt register. only perfect shots. if you got it on its side it wouldn't registered, not even a 50% hit, it had to pretty much be directly in the middle of the ball on the crane to register.

Is that normal? Does it loosen up over time? Seems like you cannot really adjust it anyway as it registers the hit when the crane spring hits the outer rim of crane holder thingy?

I don't think the size of the LCD matters as long as you are using it to make the game easier to understand. Batman does a decent job by flashing little post it note style annotation on the right of the screen.

The menu is the same which is pretty disappointing. So is instant info. I really hope its just a placeholder and they will improve the entire system with an update.

Re: The Crane.

How perfect do you need to get the shot for it to register? Backhands wouldnt register. only perfect shots. if you got it on its side it wouldn't registered, not even a 50% hit, it had to pretty much be directly in the middle of the ball on the crane to register.

Is that normal? Does it loosen up over time? Seems like you cannot really adjust it anyway as it registers the hit when the crane spring hits the outer rim of crane holder thingy?

Yes mate the crane is a bugger had thegrunta666 over the other day and had one hit to go on the crane to capture the penguin to then complete a capture of all main villains. The shot was the one closest to the crane stationary point and I hit it at least 3 times but it did not register it then went down the outlane, grunta laughed as he watched me jump up and down yelling.

Thought the switch was f@cked but turned out as you said it has to be a perfect straight on hit to register.

Makes you play better I suppose as no miss shots register it virtually has to be a full on straight hit off the flipper.

Congrats Doug. Btw and I know it may be a little too soon to comment, but which do you prefer gb or batman66. What does batman over gb apart from lcd. Just asking as I know gb real well and at looking a new purchase shortly. Thanks

So far I would say GB is still the better pin but loving the simpilar game of B66.As everyone has said very early code for batman but I can see this developing into a great game.If only GB came out with the new display it would be perfect.

I am very happy with B66 and along side my GB find them both great Stern games.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104644[/ATTACH]

Picked up mine today. Just bought it home to bling it up a bit before going onsite at the Stag later this week. My honest opinion is the game feels boring. I'm hoping it's code. It's easily one of the nicest looking pins I've seen. Awesome theme but I played GB all night and only batman a couple of times. Someone please tell me there will be more call outs on this thing!! It's just seems lifeless at the moment

Having both brand new pins to play. The whole family said GB wins by a country mile!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104644[/ATTACH]

Picked up mine today. Just bought it home to bling it up a bit before going onsite at the Stag later this week. My honest opinion is the game feels boring. I'm hoping it's code. It's easily one of the nicest looking pins I've seen. Awesome theme but I played GB all night and only batman a couple of times. Someone please tell me there will be more call outs on this thing!! It's just seems lifeless at the moment

Having both brand new pins to play. The whole family said GB wins by a country mile!!

I felt the same way about Met when I first got it with early code, now great game, most played in my games room. I think/hope Lyman will come to the party on this one....it just sucks waiting. I hope so as mine arrives Friday!

There is definitely not much to do with the game at moment. The best part of the game is watching the old footage of the show and the cat women's whips. I found she was the only one that spoke or had a speaking cut scene (she was a good sort in her day). Joker didn't or penguin apart from starting multi ball. The code is so infantile it's hard to pass judgement.

I think I heard 2 call outs in 15 games. A random extra ball call out, then when I got it again there was no call out no light show nothing. When I got mystery nothing happened. Completed all 4 major villains and it just started again. The tvs, seasons and extra villains, no clue what was going on there as there was no instructions or call outs or anything lighting up. The crane at present just feels like it gets in the way. All other modes are killed when it's going, you hit all the crane shots and then you get sj and that's it. I really hope this is improved as it's such a great toy. Again I'm sure it will all improve with a big update.

The bat phone ringing all the time just pissed me off.

Yeah. It's different then spike v1.

Little hole in the cage for 2 x usb ports that are side by side

Thanks @Ryza. I wonder what the impact is without the cage? Perhaps it makes TV signals go funny or something - a bit like with hair dryers or Bluetooth headphones when the microwave oven is going. It would double as a fried chips basket in a pinch.

Obviously there is a lot to come for the LCD interaction at the moment in riddler mode there is no graphics at apart from the capture graphic.

It's hard to actually know you are in the riddler mode as the screen only shows the bat signal. The sides show the riddler den i.e. His gloves, bombs,jacket and so forth but nothing of the riddler yet.

Looking forward to him being added in the code.