Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Batman 66 - the next Stern

chopchop

What everyone's thoughts on Sterns approach to LCD do you think they will go for a full LCD like JJP or take the Dutch pinball approach with a sega size display showing dot rendered images. My preference is for a Dutch style it just feels more pinball to me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Considering that we know very little about this machine right now (other than the crane and that there will be two LCD displays), I'm surprised at all the negative comments. Are there really that many angry Stern owners out there that they feel they will be shafted even though they don't know what the machine will look like?

Cheers,

Michi.

I bet people felt scoring reels felt more pinball then the alpha numeric displays when they where being introduced. And alpha numeric more pinball when dmd was being introduced. Dmds have had their time in the sun. They are cool I agree, but it's time for an upgrade!

My guess is a smaller display

Edited by Ryza

So premium is now the pro? Nice way to justify a price increase on the Pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small is now medium, medium is now large, and large is now supersize!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I've heard that stern are planning to dump both the pro and premium models from upcoming machines and do a 'super duper le' a 'super le' and a regular 'le' that's what I heard but to be perfectly honest with you I hear a lot of voices in my head , I really think this is gonna be a winner though and am seriously thinking of buying one but I wanna see some pics first and my wife will probably leave me if I did get one and I have no space in my house and then there's the money to come up with but I'm sure it'd be worth it as I was totally in love with cat woman for years as a kid but finally moved on to Marcia brady before moving on to charli from hi5 hey I gotta go my nurse is here with my meds . thank you

Nick, mate, I feel I need to help you....... give me a call and we can talk about getting rid of some of those old B/W pins to me. You need some room so you can have some quiet time with Cat Women :slamtilt:

• Administrators
Nick, mate, I feel I need to help you....... give me a call and we can talk about getting rid of some of those old B/W pins to me. You need some room so you can have some quiet time with Cat Women :slamtilt:

You're a humanitarian Mike, a real honest to goodness humanitarian :)

I for one are looking forward to seeing the next step as far as progress goes with the LCD technology in Stern pinballs, I just really hope they can sort out all the new playfield issues before this title is released though

So is there also a special model that doesn't have a fu*ked play field like there Ghostbusters fiasco lol

Ok i havent been paying close attention to this one, so excuse my lack of knowledge on this, what was the problem with the GB playfield? how wide spread was it?

the playfield in the pictures looked nice, so what went wrong?

Ok i havent been paying close attention to this one, so excuse my lack of knowledge on this, what was the problem with the GB playfield? how wide spread was it?

the playfield in the pictures looked nice, so what went wrong?

To put it basically they forgot to glue the inserts in so there was ghosting and dropping so the pfs are going to be forked in the very short term

ok thanks, thats no good at all

And also they have with the Ghostbusters apparently got a new mob making the play fields and in some of the worst cases the clear coating has been chipping off in large chunks and taking off artwork with it

Wonder if there will be another price increase because of lcd. They have been increasing over time without much reason.... Now they have a reason

I've seen the cost for replacement DMD's which is pretty steep, arn't LCD's supposed to be cheaper to produce ? just a thought, but having said that your probably right it will be a good excuse for them to up the price

Yeah probably cheaper if they get a normal size. But if they put effort into it the animations team would cost a little more I'm guessing. I think they hired 2 x full time employees a while ago for it.

There will be a premium and no pro! I like the sound of that!

The premium is the new pro ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Theres good points and bad ones imo. Finally mad Gaz has got his shit together and gone down the LCD route. I actually kinda like the super LE version as its really an LE... not like 800 LEs or whatever it was for ST. Not sure how the owners of the original batmans feel about this coming out tho... I was surprised to hear that it also had an LCD in the playfield... I assume that this means Full Throttle style rather than WWE?