Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wurlitzer 2700 Volume issue.

Brandon Urbanek

Question

Hello!

I have recently bought a Wurlitzer multi selector phonograph model 2700 and have an issue.

I do not know too much about jukeboxes to fix it myself and I am unable to find anything for this particular model.

The volume seems to be coming out of the top somewhere extremely quietly and not out of the speakers.

I cannot find any dials or anything to adjust this and do not know if I am missing something or if this could be a wire issue.

Was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

2 answers to this question

The sound you are faintly hearing is probably the stylus on the record. It is normal to hear this if you have your ear close enough to the record. On these jukeboxes, the volume control is on the edge of the amplifier, just above the cancel button. Normally a screw driver, or special volume key is needed to adjust the volume.

If you still don't get any volume, then disconnect the 2x phono input cables (rca type) connect an rca to mini jack cable and plug in an mp3 player. You must make a selection on the jukebox though for this to work as otherwise the amplifier will be muted if it is not playing a record.

Another thing to check is that the phono leads were plugged into the phono input and not the other set of rca sockets labelled aux amp.

If you get sound with the mp3 player, this proves you have a wiring issue from the cartridge to the amp. Or a faulty cartridge.

If still no sound, then the issue lies with the amp.

If it hasn't been done yet, it's overdue for at least a recap.

Have you checked to make sure all of the tubes are present and securely seated?

The output tunes (6973's) quite often work themselves loose. There will be 4x of them.

Do the tubes glow when playing a record?

Cheers.

Iain