Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - Ghostbusters Premium/LE

But not all games have to be designed for competition- for a newb to step up to a game and get a huge score on GB will probably do more for pinball than the perfect competition game.

I agree. Besides, these problems could be solved quite easily with software, by adding a tournament mode that is actually worthy of the name and changes scoring such that there is a more direct relationship between score and the goals that are achieved.

It is telling that Ghostbusters was part of the recent Turdament in Buffalo.

Michi.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 ball factory: 797aa243dc6beef62f2eca70dd47c603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated:)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107484[/ATTACH]

Put up a new PB and got to stay puft marshmallow man for the first time. Pretty neat animations.

3 ball factory settings

Still have no idea how to rotate photos. sorry

Updated :)

Your not the only one who can't rotate pics, so it's not you.

I've found the only way to get it right is to take the pic "lansacape" ie width wise.

What was that shot taken with? I take it an Android phone of some kind?

Every camera worth the name embeds some extra data in the image file (known as EXIF) that contains basic information such as time and date, aperture, exposure time, etc. Among that is the image orientation (whether the camera was landscape, landscape upside down, portrait, or portrait upside down). I'm pretty sure that Android cameras get this sort of thing right, so I'm wondering whether there might be an issue with the forum software not paying attention to the EXIF data?

On the other hand, I've posted plenty of photos here that I took with my iPhone, and they all came out right side up.

Not sure what's going wrong here :( Maybe the forum admins can shed some light on this?

Michi.

what would be the easiest way to get 250mil in this game?

End of ball bonus'.

Master the 5X bonus on the skill shot (3X on 1.13 code), and give some good nudging to keep the ball in the bumpers whenever it's there. When the ball comes out, try to get it back to the bumpers ASAP (via left orbit, centre alley, or backhand the right loop). Ball save timer is halted when the ball hits a bumper, so if you play this well, you can get over a 30sec ball save.

The bumpers often send the ball up the lanes, so if you're quick with the lane change you can pick up plenty of extra X bonus. I find it goes up the right lane the most.

The bumpers give plenty of awards, and the main ones you're after are X bonus, light Storage Facility, light Tobin's Spirit Guide, and hold bonus.

Shoot ramp for locks when they're available, and shoot Tobin's Spirit Guide when lit. Plenty of good awards available there, including extra ball, hold bonus, and X bonus.

Keep going for the bumpers, and when you get multiball, keep letting the balls drain until the ball save wears off. Your goal is to keep the balls going up and down the lanes for X bonus. Playing multiball this way makes it pretty easy to get add-a-ball from the bumpers, which will relight the ball save, allowing you to let the balls drain again.

I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to get 250MIL, but if 250MIL was my sole goal, then this is the way I would go.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

G

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There you go, amazing storage facility multiball stacked with mass hysteria and a few stay puft shots later... :-)

Great score.

3 ball game?

Yes, I always keep the factory settings to be in competition conditions. (Except I don't disable EB and ball save)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

since my playfield swap I'm struggling with the 1Bil mark

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't use the skill shot exploit as it's banned from most comps :-)

I can't see why it should be banned. Its part of the code just like I can be beaten on wwe playing for 5 times longer than my opponent, just he knows how to get this 50M-100M jackpot in the ring during tag mb. I get this mb and am lucky to get 10m. Good players exploit a game like go for sparky in met etc. Everyone could do the skill shot exploit if they want. BTW since finding it I use it lol

I can't see why it should be banned. Its part of the code just like I can be beaten on wwe playing for 5 times longer than my opponent, just he knows how to get this 50M-100M jackpot in the ring during tag mb. I get this mb and am lucky to get 10m. Good players exploit a game like go for sparky in met etc. Everyone could do the skill shot exploit if they want. BTW since finding it I use it lol

Yeah, it's the same for everybody so I don't see why it's an issue. Some people still think you have to smash the plunger but you can just double plunge normally so there's no out of ordinary wear involved doing this...

I do too, on my other machines, but I recently put my GB on 5 balls to get further into the game.

I have yet to post a monster score like yours though!

Yes, I always keep the factory settings to be in competition conditions. (Except I don't disable EB and ball save)