Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jersey Jack Machines on location in Australia

Hobbit container isn't here in AU yet. Only 1 here and it's a floor demo unit for Mr pinball. You can play it during business hours.

Sited pins thread says.

Northbridge*- Northbridge Hotel - IM VE, WOZ, GOTLE, Met Premium -*3/1/2016

And

Town Hall Hotel – Wizard of Oz, POTC – 17/6/2015

You would be best attending a pinball meet to play WOZ IMO.

The simple fact is $$$$$

Buy a machine (ANY machine) with (say) a 10 year life expectancy and charge $2 a game.

Factor in maintenance, interest and resale after 10 years and there isn't a chance in the world that you could make any money, you are probably going to lose quite a bit.

Why would anyone site a pinball machine worth $10K+++ ???

That is the reason they are not on site, simple as that.

The simple fact is $$$$$

Buy a machine (ANY machine) with (say) a 10 year life expectancy and charge $2 a game.

Factor in maintenance, interest and resale after 10 years and there isn't a chance in the world that you could make any money, you are probably going to lose quite a bit.

I disagree to some extent. You don't find them onsite because they don't take money. My GOT LE cost $12k and is making plenty. You just have to be smart with how you operate pinball these days. Especially the expensive ones. If they don't take money you need to flip them before they get to many games on them and the price drops. Otherwise if they take money operate them and then sell after you pass the break even stage.

I disagree to some extent. You don't find them onsite because they don't take money. My GOT LE cost $12k and is making plenty. You just have to be smart with how you operate pinball these days. Especially the expensive ones. If they don't take money you need to flip them before they get to many games on them and the price drops. Otherwise if they take money operate them and then sell after you pass the break even stage.
And above all site them so the onsite staff, pub/club/bowling alley will stop people trying to punch your 12K investment through the wall. I can't stand abusive players and I doth my hat to the people that take a punt and put these brand new games out there at risk.

if anyone wants to make some real money off them they will have to jump in a time machine and go back to the 70's when they were in their hey day period, and there were many companies around that couldn't build them as quick as they were going out the door and into full venues.

The simple fact is $$$$$

Keen as to play the Wizard of Oz or The Hobbit.

Anyone seen these on location anywhere in Australia, particularly in Sydney.

Ok so getting back to the original question.

The Town Hall Hotel in Newtown has a WOZ at $2 for 5 balls.

I know this as hard fact as its my machine!! 👍😀🍻

After copping a rather nasty email from Wayne after this comment. Im only going off my experience with operating WOZ. I personally think it's a fantastic game but like Tron and a few others that collectors love. Just didn't make the money on MY sites. Obviously he and others are raking it in with this machine, good luck to you. I wasn't bagging the actual game. Just sharing my experience operating it

• 1 year later...