Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SEGA Shinobi artwork

Im looking for Shinobi artwork for a dedicated cab.

As far as I can tell, Shinobi (along with Altered Beast, Golden Axe and others on SEGA system 16 setup) came out as an conversion pack for existing cabs. Correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like you would get the game board, Marquee, Generic blue SEGA CPO, side art for cab, a chrome sticker pack (with labels for controls) and a bunch of mounting hardware and a conversion harness.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to reproduce the Marquee, side art and blue SEGA CPO, but it's the chrome (silver metallic?? not sure) stickers are gonna be the hard part. Appreciate anyone with any leads on these stickers…. NOS or repro is fine

Here's some expensive NOS stickers from an old ebay ad…..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shinobi-NOS-Control-Panel-Overlay-Moves-sheet-CPO-Arcade-Instructions-Sticker-/271923037726?nma=true&si=hx%252B5MQcA8jSNWFpN%252BJkTKQAEO4c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks for any help!

Sam

Edited by Sam J

They can be done, but won't be cheap! That printable chrome is some of the most expensive vinyl available. From memory, it's over $300 a lineal metre, printed. (plus we would have to try and find a nice print file, or create one)

It does print like a dream though. Here is some New Net City side art I printed on it -

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/20150529_151701s.jpg

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/20150529_151652s.jpg

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/mamepatrol/20150529_151633s.jpg

As for sideart, marquee, bezel etc. This can all be done on standard material, and I have the files for those. :)

Final note - It can be done, 100% but it won't be cheap. lol.

Cheers for the info Carson.

Great to hear you have some of the artwork already. Should have expected that really!

Might just get the side art, marquee, bezel and CPO and have a think on the chrome stickers…. doubt there'd be NOS chrome stickers in Aus.

Probably just end up going silver or white instead, maybe even layered into the CPO art. I'll be in touch when back home next week (working in FNQ).

I know its a needle in a haystack situation, but if anyone spots some NOS stickers like the ebay link above, Id really appreciate a headsup.

Also….. can't we just use a magnet to find a needle in a haystack :unsure

Neither had I in pictures, but I could have been looking at repro art, and I guess you have to get the right angle to tell it's chrome.

Really appreciate the pictures @Woody

The 2nd picture is the Marquee right? Only ask as Ive seen 2 or 3 variations of that as well...

Sam, that is the CPO. :)

I have also been pointed to a fella from the DL forums who does the aluminium/chrome decals. He has the art file for the buttons, joysticks, player buttons. No instructions though. However, I have a pretty high res image of them and they look pretty easy to trace so i'll fire up inkscape and get to it. I'll get a set from Etienne, did you want a set at the same time to save shipping? Not sure on the price yet.

Carson, do you have the CPO i have? I can send it to you if not so you can scan it? I'll be up for a Marquee too at some point.

Sam, that is the CPO. :)

I have also been pointed to a fella from the DL forums who does the aluminium/chrome decals. He has the art file for the buttons, joysticks, player buttons. No instructions though. However, I have a pretty high res image of them and they look pretty easy to trace so i'll fire up inkscape and get to it. I'll get a set from Etienne, did you want a set at the same time to save shipping? Not sure on the price yet.

Carson, do you have the CPO i have? I can send it to you if not so you can scan it? I'll be up for a Marquee too at some point.

Hey mate, I don't have the CPO actually. If you can send it down that would be great. I'll definitely scan it, and I'd say it will vector pretty nice too. :)

I have the marquee, bezel and side art already on file. Cheers.

Just a note - If you're getting chrome/aluminum printed, make sure the media is CAST. There is a heap of cheap chrome out there (because the good stuff is dear as poison) and it will curl, shrink and fall off. Trust me. :)

Was this a CPO from Aus?

Looks cool!

All the ones I saw in my research were generic Blue CPO with SEGA on the front face, then chrome stickers for around the control and buttons.

I have another mate with an old Shinobi cab I haven't seen, so I might just ask him to send some photos just out of interest.

Drew up the instructions in inkscape. The grey area is where the chrome would be viable. Not sure on the pinky-orange highlight colour though. It is very hard to tell what it should be as the original was very faded. Also, the font isn't a perfect match, it took a long time to find one this close though, so i think it will be fine ;-)

955273310_Shinobiinstructions.thumb.jpg.ae5b00aac4626967d59110f5ca18453e.jpg

So side art, CPO stickers and Bezel all chrome….. this may get quite expensive :(

Carson - when you say the good chrome vinyl is 300 per lineal meter, what is a typical width?

I feel like Id be looking at least 1 meter per side (if its wide enough) plus another meter for bezel with sticker cut out of bezel centre.

If its $900 before printing….. my generic cab that Shinobi came in doesn't deserve that. Might need a rethink.

Im thinking maybe I should just get the Marquee and CPO repro in the short term (non chrome bits), and be patient to work out the rest @R64 As you say, I could probably tetris 2 or 3 CPO control and instruction sticker packs out of the bezel void, although the side art is 2 big solid prints.

I really appreciate people sharing though. @Woody @Kaizen you've been a huge help!

You could always go a bit custom. It was only ever a kit anyway. Don't go chrome, substitute the chrome areas for red, yellow, blue, etc....

Could look pretty neat.

Pretty sure I won't be shelling out big money for a chrome bezel.

Until a couple of days ago I thought only the controls stickers were chrome anyway :lol

Im pretty ok with the chrome on side art and bezel being white… I think haha

The cab I have it in is a great shape for it, but its not like its a SEGA cab that has to be a perfect restore.

Im just a big fan of "doing things right" so it takes me while to adjust…. haven't played the game for years, so I should focus on repairing the Nanao monitor chassis (vert collapse - thanks for the help with that @taito) and make sure the game board is all good first!

Edited by Sam J

Good point. Ive searched Klov plenty, but never put a wanted ad.

Im not in a huge hurry, so nothing to lose right!?

I guess I saw a NOS chrome sticker pack was over $100 delivered on ebay for only the button and instruction labels (was missing joystick chrome ninja star - see first post link) and was just put off the idea. I have to remember ebay is stupid when it comes to "rare" items ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah and I saw that Bezel on ebay the other day, but Im in FNQ and my cabs in Melb so can't check till home.

Not sure if I could deal with the top left damage either - probably prefer a clean non chrome repro, than damaged original.

My plexi for over the bezel is a gross orange tint full of ciggie burns too, so there's a lot I have to consider.

Anyone have any good recommendations for perspex in Melbourne?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...