Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mame and xbox 360 at the same time

Hi, I am trying to find this on the net, sure it's there but I'm coming up at a loss.

What I want to know is can I run my pc and 360 into the jamma cab 15khz CRT at the same time with no physical adjusting.

Controls I would go an an ipac2 (player 1 and 2 8 buttons) with 2 paclinks to the xbox360 and a usb to pc off the same joysticks, which I realise I can do, but without mucking around with things? As in once, it is setup and I have it inputting into the pc and the 360 is it just a matter of 2 signals being sent at all times or do I need to switch it.

Then on the jamma cab side can I run the jpac (with player 3 and 4) from the pc and a jamma to 360 board into 2 in 1 jamma splitter.

So essentially I get a jamma cab with 4 player mame and a 360 using the same controls and screen.

Why? so I have old school arcade and modern fighters (ssf4, mk, tekken 23 or whatever it is up to).

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Thanks,

James

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

@Jammasized, thanks, I do catch your meaning. I'm really sold on hyperspin with a lot of media and emulators, lightguns and trackball (have already), as well as pc Indie games I have bought, so I'm thinking the 360 may not handle this all as well. Plus the pc is already there with a jpac and iPac already in place.

@namastepat, I took 'special' to mean RGH with jammasized idea. Which is not an issue with my idea, I could just swap the games and mount the 360 somewhere discrete.

Any thoughts on the combo though? I could just buy pc versions of my fighters, might be way. Have to work out if the comp can take it.

James

@Jammasized, thanks, I do catch your meaning. I'm really sold on hyperspin with a lot of media and emulators, lightguns and trackball (have already), as well as pc Indie games I have bought, so I'm thinking the 360 may not handle this all as well. Plus the pc is already there with a jpac and iPac already in place.

@namastepat, I took 'special' to mean RGH with jammasized idea. Which is not an issue with my idea, I could just swap the games and mount the 360 somewhere discrete.

Any thoughts on the combo though? I could just buy pc versions of my fighters, might be way. Have to work out if the comp can take it.

James

Yep, RGH was what I was getting at... sounds like you definitely have need for a PC with all that hardware you mention though. Mame on 360 isn't an exact science anyway and nowhere near as flexible as Mame on a PC.

What fighters can't you live without on 360 ? Just off the top of my head, i'm struggling to think of any 360-only fighters that couldn't be emulated in Mame or run as PC-ports.

Mainly was thinking 360 as firstly I have the games or they are dirt cheap second hand and secondly I know the game will run well. I have a few on pc so I'll start there, give them a crack and then work out if necessary.

Is what I'm doing above feasible? It's only another 4 adapters, cheaper than all the games I could want .