Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

GOT LE - Weekend Review plus modifications & Pics

Saber

Ended up getting a GOT LE # 419 from AMD last Wednesday but was laid up sick all week so finally got a change to pump out some games on the weekend and thought I would share my thoughts and some pics.

Didn't want to hijack @RGR great thread with lots of pics plus being such an awesome game thought it deserved it's own.... hope you don't mind.

- It is a NIB machine.... :)

- Is a great looking machine the artwork is stunning

- The PF lights are amazing. Sitting next to my TZ and STTNG with full LED and the GOT really shines.

- The upper play field runs well and is a great addition to the game. Isn't overpowering and doesn't obstruct the PF.

- The Dragon is really cool. Nice to have some good toys.

- Music and Sound is great. They have used actors voices from the show which adds a great element, along with some custom voices.

- It is a challenging machine. There is a lot to it and it will take many games before you really feel comfortable playing. Should make for a great lifespan.

- PF is quick. Due to the size of the upper PF a lot of elements are closer to the flippers and the ball fires back quickly, keeps you on your toes.

- It is super easy to update the code. Took 5 mins. Updated to 1.21.

- Iron Throne works well. I haven't had any issues with the ball popping out. Maybe 1 in 15 shots. No issues.

- Mini PF is quite easy to remove.

- and finally.... The Wife loves it, so that is a big plus...lol

Dislikes.

- I have the same left orbit issues as most everyone. Seems to only be completing about 1 in 3 shots.

- Flippers on the upper PF seem to die on occasion. Some are saying it is a coding issue but I am not convinced. My tend to die if the ball bounces back and hits them to hard.... but lets see.

- Ball gets stuck at the back above the jets. Needs a good wiggle and Tilt to free it

- The Light show is a plus and minus in that sometimes there is so much flashing that you struggle to keep track of the ball. But that is kinda fun also.

- Have to agree with RGR about the video mode. It is pretty lame.... lol

- The ramp under the mini PF had small iron filings left over from production (thanks pinside) and had to be cleaned out.

Mods that I had to/wanted to make.

- I needed to glue the two LED spot globes above the slingshot plastics as they kept popping out.

- I needed to move the Post at the top of the Ball Launch ramp back by a couple of mm as the ball would hit it at times.

- There were a few plastic protectors left on that needed to be removed, including one under the mini PF

- I added washes to the elevator so that the screws didn't protrude as much into the inside of the tube.

This is my first Stern machine and either I got a lucky pick or I think Stern have really done a great job with this pin.

Easily as much fun as my STTNG and as challenging as my TZ.

Plus with all the different houses to play you can keep switching up your gaming experience.

One thing I will say is that I found you either had a high score or a really low score. If you don't get a good run you can easily get under 1mill points on your first ball.

Best score so far is about 2 billion but what is worst is I still have no idea how I got it up so high..... LOL.

Need to play more games.

IMG_3635.thumb.jpeg.9f693066e15d61d143b99b8781e4fce2.jpegIMG_3640.thumb.jpeg.fa62181a80ba5915bf115d69553efede.jpegIMG_3636.thumb.jpeg.1b320d46affad91e09db100814b563e7.jpegIMG_3637.thumb.jpeg.b8d241fcf3bb31d084974a8610b55e34.jpegIMG_3634.thumb.jpeg.1689f98e6c3b735e7f8950a69c2da778.jpegIMG_3657.thumb.jpeg.92537077318df2522efba395fb2d34fe.jpegIMG_3656.thumb.jpeg.54eda82397db2dc64a7b808e46003800.jpegIMG_3654.thumb.jpeg.01fb44d7c5cd9e5b1a1af6080cedb704.jpegIMG_3653.thumb.jpeg.bfad0fa05a7ac3acba004084d0624e6c.jpegIMG_3638.thumb.jpeg.ee26e100f7b3217b03aebccd49856630.jpegIMG_3658.thumb.jpeg.526d4a000394823cc18e37df995b0892.jpeg

Glad you enjoy it. Had the exact same experiences with mine. Make sure you add washers over the battering ram as well as the protruding screws rub on the edges of the metal liberating more iron filings. Mezelmods.com make great sling/plastic protectors the enhance the look as well - worth the costs. Enjoy!

IMG_4573.thumb.jpg.860b14a581246b1eec09f7b377cb6fea.jpg

Glad you enjoy it. Had the exact same experiences with mine. Make sure you add washers over the battering ram as well as the protruding screws rub on the edges of the metal liberating more iron filings. Mezelmods.com make great sling/plastic protectors the enhance the look as well - worth the costs. Enjoy!

Had a look and it seems that the LE plastics are sold out but I will keep an eye on them. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Possible coding bug.....

I have noticed a problem with getting the extra ball at times.

If you have got it lit along with say another feature such as mystery and you shot the ball up the orbit, it will trigger the feature but not always the extra ball.

The real downer is that not only do you not get your extra ball but the extra ball light turns off with no extra ball awarded.

It is like the machine thinks it gave you the EB but just forgot to..... :(

Anyone else notice this?