Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Why do I keep buying these things?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/0d1e494a8f6efa6e4f05bac410509fcd.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/18/2be3eeb45ee134285aadc1f4da53152e.jpg

I guess Coz it was $10.. But still.. It's huge..

Anyone worked on these things before, able to give me some tips? I've fixed up its lights, all working again, game plays well, but the motors for the prize doors just don't run, and none of the prize arm motors run in the test mode. Leds go on, but no action. No error codes, they just don't go, all 8 exactly the same, and both prize doors do the same thing too.

Any ideas where to look? A power issue maybe or a fuse perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just found the manual. It's actually "light house giant".. Doesn't really have much on troubleshooting outside of error codes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the last pages of the manual it has the wiring schematics, that show all the fuses , power supplies and wiring to the prize motors. I would think they base your machine on a similar set up. But I could be wrong, actually I must be wrong all the time, as my missus continuously points this out !

Have you got power at the motors. Grab a multimeter and trace the wiring back. Check if ground is connected. Other than that could be something gone on the mainboard. Or the board that controls the motors is missing. There is a reason it was only $10 after all. That being said a nice looking project to play with.

You would imagine there would be a sensor to designate if there are prizes or not. Trick the sensor and try, works that way in some drink vending machines. We have to hold down the sold out flap to get the motors working on some models.

You would imagine there would be a sensor to designate if there are prizes or not. Trick the sensor and try, works that way in some drink vending machines. We have to hold down the sold out flap to get the motors working on some models.

It could be.

drinks vending machines some dont especially those with coil type and it will just turn and vend nothing,

A chute type drinks machine eg most dixie narco's have a flap that has microswitch behind it to say it still has a can left or is empty.

Some spiral vending machines you have to tell the machine how many products are in the machine so when it vends the number entered it will make that slot out of order.

I have two vending machines that are spiral one wont stop if it is out of product the other one will because I have to tell it that is has x number of products in it.

Maybe you might check to see if it has a sensor cos It could be that as @Homepin has said, or see if you can simply tell the machine it has product in it via a diagnostic switch.

I dont know this machine so I cant tell you if it has a sensor or needs to be told there is product in the machine.

but either way im sure there would be a test button to see if it is vending.

It could be as simple as that

Sounds like it might be an aftermarket board in your vending machine that needs to know how many products. Unless its a newer type most of the vending machines never had the option for you to tell them how many products.

Though this is all getting a bit off topic to what this thread is about.

Sounds like it might be an aftermarket board in your vending machine that needs to know how many products. Unless its a newer type most of the vending machines never had the option for you to tell them how many products.

Though this is all getting a bit off topic to what this thread is about.

no its not, its newer machine, its just not a cheap one

Either way it should have a test feature.

Ok, progress, this machine appears to be 100% functional, now that I've replaced some light bulbs.

Turns out I wasn't doing the prize test process properly. I have to hold a different button after selecting the prize arm to test the motor, just selecting the arm only tests the LEDs. Done this and can confirm all 8 prize arm motors are working. So this means the only thing not testing out is the prize gates.

So, I played game after game until I won. Set it to lowest skill level to make that easier. Picked a prize arm, and it ran the motors, dropped a fake prize down, and bam, gates opened! So it looks like its just the test toggle switch or button for testing the gates that is broken, rather than the gates themselves! Amazing!

So basically, I need to replace all the locks, add coin mechs and it's 100% fully functional. So far it's cost me $10, and a few light bulbs!

Excellent progress..I hope you find a good home for it.Best is to offload to a Club which raises money to upgrade there needs.;)

Give you a hit..dont get greedy in your asking price.

I wouldn't even know where to start with pricing something like this. Whats a ballpark for it? Feel free to PM if you'd prefer. I don't want to price it out, if only because I'm not exactly in a metro area, so they're a bit rarer where I am, and as such, so are people equipped to handle/pick up these things :|

Good to hear you've got it fully working mate. Anybody with a tailgate loader will move it no probs. Probably at least ask a couple of hundred at least for it. The tricky part might be finding someone to take it but worth a try hitting up clubs or bowling centres, cinema. Best of luck with it all.