Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega rally twin - db error

its not the motor - its the driver board that has the issue

the driver board is on your left standing up had a 2 digit display on it and if it's blinking it's got issues , if the other side works swap them over for trouble shooting

sometime reseating the connectors will fix the issue

I helping someone with the same problem. See here

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/73684-Sega-Rally-BD-Error?highlight=sega+rally

I will be going back to look at it tomorrow. I'm hoping the wiring is faulty going to the pots on the steering as I have swapped everything else.

Out of interest does your Drive BD PCB display anything on the 2 7 segment displays? or is it blank all the time when powered up.

Also when you are in the Test Menu and you select Input Test does the Handle value and the Handle (Drive) both change up and down when turning the steering wheel left and right?

Another thing I have noticed on the Drive BD PCB is corrosion of the PCB tracks and some parts, I believe it is from leaking electro caps. I have changed all of the electro caps on a non working PCB, I will be testing this board tomorrow to see if it works.