Secret

State
      Cairns
      Mentioned
      368 Post(s)
      Quoted
      3046 Post(s)
      Vatican

I am very pleased to be able to announce that Homepin will be exhibiting a fully functional factory prototype TAG at Pinfest 2017.

There are a few things we are still waiting on final licensee approvals for and we are making adjustments to artwork and some toys as requested by ITV. Unfortunately, these things take time and are completely beyond our control.

All design aspects of the machine are basically finished - all mechanisms are designed, built and ready for assembly of the first batch of 100 machines. We have finalised our cabinet design and have six cabinets ready for siting (in China expat bars) as soon as the last parts are approved.

It would be pretty foolish to go ahead and start building them at this point until we are 100% certain of the final art and toy approvals. There are a couple of toys we are making that have taken over two years going back and forth for approval. I can say the toy factory is less than impressed.

This has been a very long and torturous road for me personally having my wife pass away as well as our programmer. This has led to massive expenses and delays that I didn't want but had no control over. I can only apologise to those who placed their faith in me from the start and suggest they come along to Pinfest and have a look at what we have achieved.

I expect all approvals to be in by Pinfest so we will have a machine that is as finished and playable as possible. Remember, we must ship this machine by late August in order for it to arrive in time for Pinfest.

I'm confident that there are some features in TAG that people will love and also a few things not seen before.

We expect future titles to be a LOT smoother for us to manufacture as we have done the hard yards designing and making every little part.

This user has no status.

----

State
      Sydney, NSW
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Quoted
      224 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Homepin View Post
      I am very pleased to be able to announce that Homepin will be exhibiting a fully functional factory prototype TAG at Pinfest 2017.

There are a few things we are still waiting on final licensee approvals for and we are making adjustments to artwork and some toys as requested by ITV. Unfortunately, these things take time and are completely beyond our control.

All design aspects of the machine are basically finished - all mechanisms are designed, built and ready for assembly of the first batch of 100 machines. We have finalised our cabinet design and have six cabinets ready for siting (in China expat bars) as soon as the last parts are approved.

It would be pretty foolish to go ahead and start building them at this point until we are 100% certain of the final art and toy approvals. There are a couple of toys we are making that have taken over two years going back and forth for approval. I can say the toy factory is less than impressed.

This has been a very long and torturous road for me personally having my wife pass away as well as our programmer. This has led to massive expenses and delays that I didn't want but had no control over. I can only apologise to those who placed their faith in me from the start and suggest they come along to Pinfest and have a look at what we have achieved.

I expect all approvals to be in by Pinfest so we will have a machine that is as finished and playable as possible. Remember, we must ship this machine by late August in order for it to arrive in time for Pinfest.

I'm confident that there are some features in TAG that people will love and also a few things not seen before.

We expect future titles to be a LOT smoother for us to manufacture as we have done the hard yards designing and making every little part.
      Hats off to you, Mike!

This user has no status.

----

State
      Qld
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      9 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Homepin View Post

Well done Mike. You should be proud of what you have achieved.

I'm making the trip from the Sunshine Coast to Newcastle for Pinfest this year. I just can't wait to play TAG and catch up.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

This user has no status.

----

State
      Townsville
      Mentioned
      127 Post(s)
      Quoted
      527 Post(s)
      Fantastic Mike. Glad to hear it is all coming to fruition. Hopefully more will ship soon after as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

----

State
      Brisbane
      Mentioned
      93 Post(s)
      Quoted
      937 Post(s)
      Australia
      Well done Mike, I am sure there are a lot of people very interested to see TAG in the flesh. Will photos of the pin be allowed @Homepin? I would really love to see how it's coming along and I have been following this thread from its inception. There's no way I will be getting down to Pinfest, but I'd love to see some photos of the prototype, once it has been revealed.

WOKA is offline Umm.. Grog Bog.
      is No matter how hard you try,
      you can't polish a turd.

Cocky

State
      Brisbane
      Mentioned
      189 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1761 Post(s)
      Wales
      Congratulations to you and the team Mike.! Great effort. What a great piece of news.

What a journey. Thanks for sharing, through the highs and the lows. Karen would be so proud right now I sure.

Top job fella, bring it home!!..pin

MOOOOOVEE ALONG - NOTHING TO SEE HERE
      furbs was here, So was Foot

is now figuring out how many
      things he needs to learn

----

State
      ACT
      Mentioned
      2 Post(s)
      Quoted
      40 Post(s)
      Australia
      Well done Mike. Fantastic effort from you and all your staff involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is ?

----

State
      Melbourne
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Quoted
      4 Post(s)
      Nice work Mike. Amazing achievement. Kudos for your dedication and persistence. Your hard work will be worth it soon.

Plenty of testing to do while you wait for approvals I'm sure.

Page 149 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast

Thread Information