Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Home made pinball machine

Hey there,

I'm starting a project, which without some assistance, unfortunately may take me a serious amout of time to achieve.

Looking at building a pinball from scratch.

Interested in meeting with ambitious like minded people who would be interested in investing time effort and unfortunately yes $$ into a project that I feel will be very rewarding. Need people with background in one or more of the following, electronics engineering, computer programming, mechanical engineering, CAD. Keen to get together and discuss options and ideas in person.

I have a good background in carpentry joinery, basic understanding of electronics, visual basic programming, I have also completely disassembled and successfully restored and rebuilt my IJPA machine

Have on board already, myself, 2 fantastic artists, and a mechanical fitter,

I have loads of access to manufacturing gear, both timber and metalwork,

Intention of the project is to design and build a prototype. Then construct one machine for everyone involved in the process. All costs to be shared equally.

I have started putting a concept together using Future Pinball, and hope to develop this into the final machine.

Make no mistake, I am willing to invest $10s of thousands into this project and only want to hear from people with positive interest in being involved. There is also a crazy idea in the background of starting a company and producing comercially. May sound like a pipe dream, but who knows?

If you may be interest and have the skills and time to offer, respond to this thread.

Cheers

Sorry all this is the first time I have contributed to a forum.

I thought I replied to your comment John. But cant see it anywhere.

In short time frame is 3 + yrs.

Cheers

Lucas

- - - Updated - - -

Hey there,

Thanks for the welcome. I visited the Homepin site, looks like you have a lot of third party replacements. Do you have a system that could be used in its intirety as a Stand alone platform for several games? If I get the first one going successfully, I am sure to embark upon a second, and so on. If not would you be interested in developing a full stand alone system, and how much would you charge for such a project?

Cheers

We have been working on a controller board for some time (several years). We have also developed controllers for other functions in the machine. There are pictures and a video on the Homepin Facebook page showing the kicker/pop bumper and flipper controllers that are in prototype and likely to be demonstrated at Pinfest this year. (facebook.com/HomepinPinball)

The controller board is vastly more complex than you might imagine and this is why (IMO) companies like JJP etc have gone the PC route. Easy to create complex functions and rule sets using a PC but it brings many problems as well.

We are going the embedded controller route - the same as all established pinball machines have been since the the birth of SS machines.

That's basically what JJP is doing - fraught with disaster - watch this space

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is doing something similar.

http://openpinballproject.wordpress.com/

I don't know what this is as I can't view it in China - if it has anything to do with a PC then same as above.

• 11 months later...

Hey all,

Now have an electronic engineer on board and things are rolling, this may go as complex as developing our own boards and driving with an arduino type processor. Schematics are in progress now. Hope to have some basic beast (just controlled flippers slings and bumpers

) operational by the end of the year. Still interested in other skilled people, project is moving. 3 main themes in mind.

Cheers

• 1 year later...