Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

G'Day

Just thought I'd drop a line and say hi. I've been floating around for a while and that yellow introduction forum bar is starting to annoy me.

33 from Sydney Shire and grew up with the C64 SNES and Street Fighter.

Been considering buying a flat-pack from arcadeworx for a while now, would love to get a lowboy but I think as a 1st project a 2 player bartop is a better / cheaper option.

Would anyone consider reinforcing the flat-packs? I'm just worried that the cabinetry fasteners might come loose over time, especially the bigger packs.

Anyway, Happy gaming and see you around.

G'Day

Welcome! A two player bartop would be a bit crowded with two joysticks and buttons unless it was at least as wide as a lowboy. A few non working low lowboys are turning up now and then for low $ perhaps a good project base starting point? Can gut and put an LCD in or try to preserve some of the old school feel with the original monitor.

C64 - enjoyed playing monty on the run :)

No need to re-inforce the Arcadeworx flatpacks. I've built two of them - the lowboy and the 2 player pedestal. The lock and cams pull the whole thing together really tight and precise. I've never needed to glue any of them either. Both machines have taken a bashing with lots of use and no issues at all with them coming apart or anything.

Bartop may be a bit trickier as a first build as you have to get everything small enough to squeeze into the tight space. A full size cab alloys you to whack a whole desktop machine inside without worrying about space - assuming you are going with a mame setup.