Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New Back Fence - Price and Recommendations for West Brisbane

My back fence needs replacing. It is one of those standard wood fences and the uprights have started to rot at the ground level. It needs replacing before it falls over and kills someone. It is about 22 meters long. Can anyone give me a ballpark guess at how much it would cost to replace? (Fuly installed as I don't have the skills or time to D.I.Y!)

I was also considering going with colourbond type fencing. I saw an ad for Stratco and they had 'Good Neighbour' Fencing range. Anyone know much about these? Much more expensive?

If you know if a good fence person to do the job please let me know.

Thanks,

Lefty

• Super Moderator

Are the rails and pailings good..?

If so, you could sink aome new posts next to the rotten posts to give it new life.. I bit of a dig, drop an 800mm hole, cement a new post in and you could be done - saving thousands.

Edited by WOKA

Colour bond and wood is around the same price. Here in Melbourne for an 21 meter fence it was 150 difference for colourblind to wood. We went with colour bond.

Would you be able to tell me what those prices were?

- - - Updated - - -

HAve you got a neighbour?

From my recollection about shared fences they have to pay for half if it needs replacement due to being a hazard etc.

No neighbour, there is a road behind the back fence.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the rails and pailings good..?

If so, you could sink aome new posts next to the rotten posts to give it new life.. I bit of a dig, drop an 800mm hole, cement a new post in and you could be done - saving thousands.

I had a closer look in he daylight, although there is no rot the rails and pailings are looking pretty old and tired. They would be about 15 years old now, part of the original fence. I cant imagine they would have much life left in them and they must be vunerable to termites by now. I wonder if it is worth saving them?

• Super Moderator

I suppose that depends on what you want to spend:

Materials:

Stringers: 8 x 4m lengths ~ $200.00

Pailings: ~ $400.00 (about 275)

Delivery: ~ $80.00

Post mix: ~ $150.00 (Approx 15 bags)

Clouts: ~ $40.00

$1020.00

Labour: 2 blokes at $50/hr each x 16 hours..? $1600.00

Plant and equipment charges: $250.00

Total: $2850.00 give or take..?