Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Need some artwork made

Fair enough, thought the colour inconsistency was in the file format.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

I did adjust the brightness and saturation, so it will vary slightly from the original scans.

Edited by Nookie

We need @stuzza to look at this thread. :) :)

That sideart is actually fairly detailed so although would be possible, would take a fair amount of work to trace. Also you're gonna need a better scan than the small one here to get a decent trace. Your other option would be to make a custom side art using elements from the good scans or vector files available from the marquee, bezel etc... if they are available and using those to try and make something similar to the actual sideart. But I know some people only want original.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can if anyone wants to flick me links to the best quality images they have for all the artwork. Although I can't promise anything! :)

@John73

Use this one mate. I slightly adjusted the white balance as well.

Bump 'n Jump Marquee.pdf

Will do, unless you let me know if you improve it.

What you did yesterday, I'm getting printed at OfficeWorks - should have it tomorrow. I could cancel it, but it's only costing $11 and it will be a good template to make sure it fits at the size printed before I print off a final.

- - - Updated - - -

That sideart is actually fairly detailed so although would be possible, would take a fair amount of work to trace. Also you're gonna need a better scan than the small one here to get a decent trace. Your other option would be to make a custom side art using elements from the good scans or vector files available from the marquee, bezel etc... if they are available and using those to try and make something similar to the actual sideart. But I know some people only want original.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can if anyone wants to flick me links to the best quality images they have for all the artwork. Although I can't promise anything! :)

Original would be great, but like a lot of machines that were in the arcades in Australia - lots of them didn't have artwork on them at all apart from the marquee as I think lots of arcades just swapped games in and out of generic loyboys or Hankins.

As far as I can remember, the guy that did the original rescans and restoration of the art was a guy on KLOV called Fizgig - he is now perma-banned for cyber bullying on their site apparently. Pretty sure this guy, if he is the same one, had a falling out with This Old Game who used to sell his stuff. I believe This Old Game still has the artwork, but it's not advertised on their website. I did email them last week, but they haven't bothered to reply to my email, so guessing they don't want to sell it.

Looking at the original side art in page 1 was is thread - it looks great on the cabinet - but might look a bit weird on a low boy as the art work would have to be right down the bottom of the machine for it to fit.

Long story short, if you reckon you can put something generic together - then I'm be more than appreciative.

Only other art work I have atm is a different marquee - which is actually the DECO one (which is the board I have, not Bally Midway) - maybe some of those graphics could be used?

Bump-N-Jump-marquee_tif.thumb.jpg.ceffc9a9d8a6fe3e5b097a3b41a4f41b.jpg

I'll keep Googling, but pretty sure I've found as much decent stuff as I can at this stage.

- - - Updated - - -

I did adjust the brightness and saturation, so it will vary slightly from the original scans.

Just had a closer look at the PDF compared with what you did quickly yesterday - it really is looking great. Don't go to too much trouble unless you really want to, am more that happy with what you'd done for me so far.

Completely envious of you guys that can do this sort of stuff - it blows my mind. My computerised art skills are limited to MS Paint and a little bit of GIMP.

Two more quick questions.

Then I get the bezel printed - where do I get that done? It needs to be printed so that the printed side is the sticky side doesn't it so that it will attach to the glass? or is there some other way of doing it? Any idea of who does this an approximate cost - it's going to be 50 x 52 cm in side but obviously most of this is white space and is cut out.

And for CPO's on most games - they are pretty much just vinyl aren't they? I know a couple of games have perspex protecting the printed vinyl, but pretty sure most old games just had the printed graphics and it eventually got worn from years of playing on it.

Two more quick questions.

Then I get the bezel printed - where do I get that done? It needs to be printed so that the printed side is the sticky side doesn't it so that it will attach to the glass? or is there some other way of doing it? Any idea of who does this an approximate cost - it's going to be 50 x 52 cm in side but obviously most of this is white space and is cut out.

And for CPO's on most games - they are pretty much just vinyl aren't they? I know a couple of games have perspex protecting the printed vinyl, but pretty sure most old games just had the printed graphics and it eventually got worn from years of playing on it.

Bezel: From what I've seen most people just apply a regular front print/cut vinyl directly to the glass. You could also have it reverse printed on clear vinyl/laminate and stuck to the inside of the glass, though you may see some bubbling/mottling.

For a trim size of 500x520mm you will probably want to have it printed @ 510x530 (you may want ~550x570 for a bit more play) that way you get images/colour right to the trim edges, as redferatu mentioned previously.

CPO: Typically just a vinyl print, with over laminate to protect the print from wear. Plus a ton of patience when applying.

image.thumb.jpg.e1b59266f33c3e7ed1c33f6da1fc5361.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8be194a502b07987334b32d2bfcab8ec.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Got the bezel and marquee printed today at OfficeWorks - not that these will necessarily be the final ones I use, just wanted to see what it looks like and check the size of the bezel in particular.

The bezel is only print on plain paper because I didn't want to spend more cash than necessary when it is probably not going to be right, and also needs a bit of touch up work - I just shrunk the original image down to the 52 x 50cm required. The art looks okay, but it made a mess of the fonts which is probably the only part I can actually fix myself :)

Will try and get them on the machine tonight, see how they look and upload another pic.

image.thumb.jpg.a83cdb179f6addd4921c05b16c7aae87.jpg

Pretty ordinary photography work, but it looks pretty good IMO.

The marquee needs to be about 1-2cm higher - will need to measure it. Probably needs to be applied to another piece of card to make it a bit stiffer. The cab also needs a back light for the marquee which is why the pic is a little dull.

The bezel is actually a pretty close fit. I took about 1cm off the bottom to make it fit the glass when in fact I should have taken it off the top, because as is I have to squat very slightly to see the score and high score - even in my short arse capacity, I'm missing a little bit of the the screen the way it is. Might need to maybe cut even more off because not everyone is a shortarse like me.

I'm messing around the bezel at the moment. The fonts need to be fixed which I have done yet - but that's no biggie to fix. I don't like that the instructions are on both sides, and want to leech the graphics off the other Marquee that I don't like as much. Something like this:

bezel2.thumb.jpg.18cc5a24e5ef8abeaa036a970b35b8e0.jpg

Used my dodgy arsed artistic skills to do this - will play around a bit more, but one of the talented AA graphics guys will no doubt do it a hell of a lot better than me :)

Here's a rescaled/resampled/fixup version of your bezel, with cut lines if it helps. Approximately 520mm x 550mm.

Edit. Just saw your post above. I'll add the other label when I get a chance.

Edited by Nookie

Here's a rescaled/resampled/fixup version of your bezel, with cut lines if it helps. Approximately 520mm x 550mm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106768[/ATTACH]

Bump 'n Jump Bezel.pdf

Edit. Just saw your post above. I'll add the other label when I get a chance.

As it is at the moment with the bezel - it doesn't really need the black section at the bottom part for the CRT - At most it needs about 1cm at the most for the bottom so that you can see the bottom of the CRT. Hope that makes sense.

I'll most likely just get another plain paper print done first before getting a real photo quality print done to make sure it's perfect.

Would love to get it reverse printed on sticky paper or whatever it's called, but for the time being I'll just get it printed and either use tape or something else to keep it on the underside of the glass - time is against me for the Netherworld event, and money is an issue at present.

Thanks again for all your hard work helping me out, it's most appreciated.

Approximately 520x490. See how those dimensions measure up to your trimmed copy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106769[/ATTACH]

John73's Custom Bezel.pdf

Would prefer the instruction bit for the car value's bit be sort of centred a bit lower to to match up with white instruction info on the left - I can probably do this myself. It is looking good though.

Need to sort out some half decent side art after than that and I think I'll be more than happy to get it on for the Netherworld event.

Thank you so much for all the help, esp. you @Nookie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

So forgot about this. I have being away for a while. If you need any more help let me know. Im not sure where i filed the photo i was working on, will have a look later. Good to see the project still happening.

The cabinet is looking good. I would be wary about cheap prints as the quality isnt there and colours dont reproduce very well.

Anyways will check this thread later to see whats happening.