Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received this today.

Commodore 1084s monitor in good working condition. It just needs some work done on the power switch. $75 including postage.

db262d825b20620d577b139717fb2116.jpg

I picked this Apple //c up a week ago in the Blue Mountains for nix, nada, nothing, zilch.

It just needs new ram and I gave it a good clean. It came with the original power brick and power cable, a colour composite adapter and a few disks including 4 boxes of unused ones.

We just had to drive 5hrs to pick it up.c8603da29ef4ca3c5ee1ba4916b2130a.jpgWe made a weekend of it and went to the Clarendon swapmeet on Sunday before we came home. I've really got to thank Angela my Wife for doing all the driving.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A Sega Saturn (US NTSC) arrived in the mail y'day, and with a step down transformer, it's working!

Was ecstatic playing Die Hard Arcade.

Pics to follow...

Just waiting for my Dreamcast to arrive.

There was these also.

1efee6318849d915635383e229e2f538.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAC-2! Starcursor!

So, so amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bulk Xbox lots are best. Not pictured: the two consoles that I got with this all as well...

xbox.jpg.8f2109baa5c30b3eb84e802dd44ee515.jpg

(95 games in total if you're wondering!)

TAC-2! Starcursor!

So, so amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bulk Xbox lots are best. Not pictured: the two consoles that I got with this all as well...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106529[/ATTACH]

(95 games in total if you're wondering!)

Yep love the Xbox bargains that can be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this one. For a start it's in really good clean condition and it works. I had to rig up a 5V plugpack power supply for it and I'm getting an rgb to vga converter board so I can use a crt or lcd vga monitor with it.963e3250cc26440aa0096abd4af82b0e.jpg

Now to find some tapes.

I really like this one. For a start it's in really good clean condition and it works. I had to rig up a 5V plugpack power supply for it and I'm getting an rgb to vga converter board so I can use a crt or lcd vga monitor with it.

Now to find some tapes.

That's a very, very nice specimen there dude. Good score! Go look into using an old car tape adaptor with it, should allow you to load stuff using an MP3 player/smartphone/PC instead of having to find working tapes (this page on CPCWiki has a bit more info around the process)..

Display wise, if you've got a Commodore 1084 monitor it's actually fairly easy to make up an RGB lead to use with it - looks damn good too :)

That's a very, very nice specimen there dude. Good score! Go look into using an old car tape adaptor with it, should allow you to load stuff using an MP3 player/smartphone/PC instead of having to find working tapes..

Display wise, if you've got a Commodore 1084 monitor it's actually fairly easy to make up an RGB lead to use with it - looks damn good too :)

How do you make the lead. I just happen to have a 1084s monitor.

I've picked up a bit of gear lately.

Cheers Trev

Both the C1084S and CPC464 use a 6-pin DIN connector for RGB, and more importantly: there's only a few pins different between the two, so it's a case of wiring up a cable to suit. Short (and highly un-technical) version of what I did:

1. Picked up a couple of 6-pin male DIN plugs from Jaycar (the spares were in case I screwed up). Also located a suitable 6-pin DIN lead (I used a spare Commodore 1541 serial cable I had laying around).
  2. I then located the pinout diagrams for the CPC's video out, and the Commodore 1084S' analog RGB port. Was able to use these to plan where each wire had to go.
  3. Once I had my plan, I took the existing 6-pin DIN cable and cut the plug off one end, then stripped the wires back.
  4. When the wires were arranged accordingly, I soldered them to the new DIN connector based off what I'd drawn up.

Given there's only GND to contend with, I ended up utilising a bit of trial & error to get the wiring right. Don't trust the Commodore 1084S user manual either, as the analog RGB diagram in it is wrong!

Pretty sure I still have it all documented at home, can take a look and send you a photo if you're keen.

Picked up an Amstrad CPC6128 today with CTM644 monitor, joystick, manual and a bunch of disc games.

Fired it up and disc drive wasn't working. Took it apart and discovered the drive belt was practically disintegrated. Replaced with a new 3" belt which I had on hand from my Famicom Disk System repairs and got it working.

Ordered an rgb scart cable for the monitor too so I can run some other consoles on it.

Completely new to the Amstrad and having a blast going through the games.

20170317_190951.thumb.jpg.3df06802ad5d886f36eedf31e7d6feed.jpg

Scored this digital crt tv last weekend

Finally got it off the patio and into the house.

Grabbed it as never seen hdmi on a crt

Nice pick up! I've never seen HDMI on a CRT either! How big is that? It looks 68 cm, which is still a great size for light gun games.

---

Finally got my US Dreamcast! <3

17352300_10154402535107304_6124277290527570245_n.jpg.51fd2b18570e8d74e5cf58389864a484.jpg